Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see on your sig that you've taken off the clear strips underneath your pop up's.. i've been wanting to know what it looks like... cause i've been curious to doing it or not when i get my 1st gen vr4.

do you have any other pictures of it such as a front view?? and if you do you could you please post them up?

thanks a bunch,
m.s.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TTT

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Just wait until you get the car dude.

It's really easy to pop them off. There is a single 10mm bolt on the bracket closer to the inside of the car for each snake eye light. When you undo that, you just pull gently on the other end, it will pop out; it's only held on by a friction pop rivet. (it won't be damaged, it can be put in and out repeatedly)

Be aware there is no real painted bumper material underneath, so you will have exposure if you don't have an aftermarket bumper to cover that area up.

Elton

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright, thanks man.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good god....I'm absolutely fucking useless. I there some way we can make it so when someone makes an ATTN post, the user sees it with big flashing fucking lights or something? :D

I haven't really got any info for you regarding removing them though. They would have come off with the stock spoiler. But I'll see if I can dig up some pics of it front on, if I can't find any, I'll snap some pics for you.

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hahaha it's alright it took you a day to find the thread.

thanks a TON for all the pics..i really appreciate it.

your car looks fucking great man...good job!

take care,
m.s.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hey alan since you removed those clear strips
does your cars headlights go on fully? i.e no pop up effect
when you switch your lights on.
damn that front spoiler looks wicked yours is probably the only one in the country
:cool:
you gonna fix the cracks though?? on ya front spoiler cant have the tape keepin together forver ya know:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
No, they pop up fully still. When I do Snake Eyes, it will basically be the effect you're referring to. I can take pics of the lights up if you want.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ooh please do!

thanks,
m.s.

·
Registered
214 Posts
sure thing, I'll grab you some during the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
ILanda said:
hey alan since you removed those clear strips
does your cars headlights go on fully? i.e no pop up effect
when you switch your lights on.
damn that front spoiler looks wicked yours is probably the only one in the country
:cool:
you gonna fix the cracks though?? on ya front spoiler cant have the tape keepin together forver ya know:D
I haven't seen any other BozzSpeed Front Ends in NZ :) So I would assume its pretty unique.

cracks - well, I've re-fibreglassed it to give it some strength, the tape is really just to compensate for not haven't done the job properly (need to rebuild the internal structure, replace the mesh, etc) and not having it painted :D

For those who are curious, I actually screwed up the front end a while ago (spun off the road, and bounced up a concrete gutter) - pics online at http://www.extremes.co.nz/spoiler/

What area of Auckland are you in? I actually brought the car from Ted Tracys on Great North Road. Made the drive up from Wellington specially :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
yep, I'm officially a slack shit :rolleyes:. I've had these pics on my computer for well over a month now :D

As promised, pics of my lights up

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn..it's been awhile. (3 months! :eek: )

But that's alright.. your car still looks awesome! thanks for the pics!
later,
m.s.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I saw a few bozz speed fronts in auckland a red and another black one like yours they ok in real life.
What programming languages do you do?
I have always wanted to get into it but could never settle on a language cause I didnt know where the market is.
So im stuck doing shitty tech/network support
Funny that when I did applitude tests they all said I should do programming :rolleyes: but Everyone around me said it was boring.:confused:

·
Registered
214 Posts
ILanda said:
I saw a few bozz speed fronts in auckland a red and another black one like yours they ok in real life.
What programming languages do you do?
I have always wanted to get into it but could never settle on a language cause I didnt know where the market is.
So im stuck doing shitty tech/network support
Funny that when I did applitude tests they all said I should do programming :rolleyes: but Everyone around me said it was boring.:confused:
At work I program in C++. I'm familiar with Pascal, C, C++, Basic, PHP, MySQL, HTML, JavaScript, and Java. Then we get into the languages I've dabbled in, but haven't used in over 7 years :) (Like Clipper and dBase - both database languages). I mainly use C++, HTML, PHP, MySQL and JavaScript though :)

BozzSpeed - damn :) My unique car isn't quite as unique anymore. Well, I'm toying with doing a Two Seater mod to mine. Using it to house a couple of large Subs and some 6x9s :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
shit thats alot but damn where do I start ? C++ ,java,
Would it be a good Idea to get books ? and go from there?

im still going hard with the laptop project I found some software that has the whole map of new zealand and can add your own info pic/text to the site you visit.
What makes even better is that it is compatible with the GPS system so I know where I am going.
I hope to get into programming so I can develop apps for temp/pressure and hopefully a secondary alarm function
hint "I gonna call it KITT"
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Start with C++. Unless you want to start developing Online (web) software or multiplatform software right off the bat.

Books - I can't think of anything off the top of my head. Pop me an email at [email protected] and I'll come up with some suggestions when I wake up (I work fucked up hours :)).

What software/GPS unit are you using? Thats something I've always wanted to set up in my car (Laptop + GPS unit). I have a habit of getting lost in Auckland :rolleyes: :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.