Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering who did your transmision work and if u had any problems with their service, i want to get mine built right the first time, im planning on forced induction (supercharger), with 8:1 compression and all the necessary fuel ugrades( pump, injectors,afc etc etc), im going to need something thats going to hold up to 400-500 hp, and the stock tranny just will not do,
any help will be appreciated

Mark

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I had mine built at a well known tranny shop here in palm beach FL. But all my clutches, bands, and other tranny internals are from level ten. My torque converter and valve body were also modified by level ten and I have a tranny cooler. it works AWESOME. I launch like a mother fucker, and it shifts so fast and HARD. I LOVE IT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, im planning on starting all the internal stuff(pistons and rods) after new years,and hopefully have the car tuned in before next winter, shooting for 12's(being very optimistic) on drag radials, i just wanted to get your opinion on the levelten products
some people have had a prob with their service. but thanks again for your help, and if you see anything im missing please tell me, i dont mind criticism

thanks,
mark

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

yeah, alot of the 3/S guys I spoke to had alot of bad things to say about the level ten trannies for their cars, I guess level ten doesn't know what they are doing when it comes to a 3/S tranny. But I am very satisfied with what they did for my Diamante and I know a few Supras and 300ZX's with level ten trannies that were very successful. My tranny is built to handle 600HP easily and I plan to have about 500 within the next couple months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.