Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be willing to cut a deal with one person (possibly two if needed) to come to Utah, and hook my car up to be a beast, and cut me a little deal on parts possibly.

I would be willng to pay for your airfare via Delta and pick you up from the Airport. You can stay at my palace and you can eat anything in my house! You can also hit up the slopes if you are a skiier/snowboarder and i'll take you up there! All in return is installation and a good running car with:

DR-500's (or 15g's)
550cc injectors
Walbro Fuel pump & hotwired
RPS max stage II street clutch
fidanza flywheel
an AFC
*maybe a few other things.

A FREE VACATION TO UTAH! i'll be there to assist you with installation. :)

MATT?? :)
Any 3/s tuners?
Any 3/s mechanics? :)

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
really. I'll make sure Jayson see this.

What you are asking isn't really a TON of work- all bolt ons- I'd say a guy solo could pull it off in less than a week without issue- two guys could do it in 3 days or less.

DR-500's (or 15g's) a day to pull old turbos, install new ones.

550cc injectors a few hours tops! (more like an hour)

Walbro Fuel pump & hotwired an hour tops

RPS max stage II street clutch a day to pull tranny, reinstall

fidanza flywheel see above

an AFC An hour tops

*maybe a few other things. A few hours given.

the SAFC, injectors, and turbo and pump could all be done in a day with two people without issues.

I'll be sure to let Jayson know about this.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
So is the trade all that labor fin return for you bringing someone out there and paying for them to get there, or are you paying for the accomodations and also paying for the services provided? Cause you are talking $600 labor for the turbo install, $500 for a 6 speed clutch and FW, $200-$250 for the injectors, fuel pump and AFC, not to mention tuning. Just curious before I decided whether or not I am interested or not, cause you're talking about 2 solid 10-12 hour days for all that labor. Also, do you have tools and a facility to do this work in and if so what kind of tools and facility? Need more info to give this any serious consideration.

Thanks,

Ty
Speed Factor

·
-
6,794 Posts
I'll do it and I live in Utah so I wouldn't even have to fly in. :D Sure I've never done it before, but I feel confident doing everything there. I replaced my clutch on my GSX so I know what its like to do the mitsu clutch on an AWD. You could leave it with me and I would do it in like a week. I can do it at my house, or even take it to school and do it in my auto tech 3 class. :D You probably want one of the big experts/shop owners to do it but the offers there if ya want. ;)

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TajMan_17 - I know you live in Utah, but i want a tuner, someone that has done this quite a few times. I've read that clutch replacement article on stealth316 over a few times, i could do it myself, but i want something done right! :)

mongorunner - Yeah....... have you installed all these things before?

Greedy_Bones - Basically i would be paying for airfare and sleeping accomidations along with transportation for a bit of work. You can stay in Utah for as long as you would like! I have tools, or atleast could rent the ones that we would need. Also, for faculity, my heated garage. I have a few people that i am sure would let us have my car on their lift in their garage for a few days.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
KuJaX said:
Greedy_Bones - Basically i would be paying for airfare and sleeping accomidations along with transportation for a bit of work. You can stay in Utah for as long as you would like! I have tools, or atleast could rent the ones that we would need. Also, for faculity, my heated garage. I have a few people that i am sure would let us have my car on their lift in their garage for a few days.
Sorry bro, but no 3/S tuner is going to fly in to Utah and do all that work on your car and because you are covering the airfare and sleeping accomodations. I mean realisticlly, you are talking about a lot of work, and all you are offering is to pay for someone to fly in, sleep at your house and install a bunch of parts on your car. I'm sorry but I cant justify leaving my family for a week or so, flying across the country to do almost $1500 worth of labor on someone's car and all they are doing is paying for me to fly in. It would end up costing me a few thousand dollars to do something like that, cause I would be leaving my shop closed for the time I am out there working on your car, not getting paid for the work I do and also losing money from not having my own shop open.

Do you see what I mean? Just being really honest with you here, but the only way you are going to get a tuner out there is to cover all their traveling expenses because you want them to come to you, and pay them for the work they are going to do, and most tuners would probably want more than normal because they are flying in from whereever to actually accomodate your needs.

Just something to REALLY think about if you are actually serious about this.

Ty
Speed Factor

·
-
6,794 Posts
I'm gonna have to agree with Ty on this one. Your not going to be able to get one of the big experts to come and do this for you unless you fork out a lot of extra cash. If its like that then you would be better off finding a shop in Utah that is capable of doing it all, or else letting someone else on here who is capable but with less experience do it.

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand, so what kind of insentive would most of you be willing to have for this job? You can have my stock injectors, fuel pump, and core of turbos.... ? :)

·
Premium Member
2,026 Posts
Easy fix for your problem. Take a trip to California and visit Brian at GTPro or to go to Dynamic just to the south of you. Your hotel and gas there would be cheaper than a plane ticket, in most cases. Also the work can be done, by a mitsu mechanic that has worked on these cars. The turbos are just a bolt on. A no brainer, take old off, put new on. Clutch is easy as well if you have done it before. The fuel pump, AFC, and hotwire are pretty straight forward. Its all basically bolt on and no major custom work involved.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
KuJaX said:
I understand, so what kind of insentive would most of you be willing to have for this job? You can have my stock injectors, fuel pump, and core of turbos.... ? :)
Old parts???? Sorry man. In all honesty, the only way I would even consider something like this is if you covered the airfare, sleeping accomodations and were offering something close to $2000 for my services. Other than AT LEAST that, It would cost me too much money to close down my shop for approx. 4 days to a week to come out there to do that kind of work for you.

Full travel accomodations at at least $2000 to cover my labor and trouble, and I would consider it. Other than that, I am sorry but I would actually lose to much money to even seriously think about it.

Feel free to email me if you want to talk more in private.

Ty
Speed Factor

·
-
6,794 Posts
Patryn said:
Easy fix for your problem. Take a trip to California and visit Brian at GTPro or to go to Dynamic just to the south of you. Your hotel and gas there would be cheaper than a plane ticket, in most cases. Also the work can be done, by a mitsu mechanic that has worked on these cars. The turbos are just a bolt on. A no brainer, take old off, put new on. Clutch is easy as well if you have done it before. The fuel pump, AFC, and hotwire are pretty straight forward. Its all basically bolt on and no major custom work involved.
I think he want to do the plane thing cause his family flys a lot so they have extra miles and it wouldn't cost him anything. He was just trying to it for no extra cost for him. Maybe all the UT 3si gearheads can get together and help out a few days.

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TajMan_17 said:

I think he want to do the plane thing cause his family flys a lot so they have extra miles and it wouldn't cost him anything. He was just trying to it for no extra cost for him. Maybe all the UT 3si gearheads can get together and help out a few days.
ding ding ding
we have a winner! :) We do fly a lot, so with all our miles from Delta it is virtually free to get a ticket for someone here. I am only 17 and i do have school and dont want to pay $2000 for someone to install all this stuff, and with school and homework, it is hard for me to get down in there and do it myself. Along with doing it myself, i want it done RIGHT. I just figured that someone that has done it before could probably do it again, correctly, and about 1/4 the time it would take me. TajMan_17, (sorry, bad with names, whats your name again?? :)) we might have to have a ut3si meeting up at my house this spring. Work on the car, and go swimming. :) But then again, all of us have never done it before either. :(

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
what city are you in? I might be driving right by you in a couple days here

·
-
6,794 Posts
KuJaX said:

ding ding ding
we have a winner! :) We do fly a lot, so with all our miles from Delta it is virtually free to get a ticket for someone here. I am only 17 and i do have school and dont want to pay $2000 for someone to install all this stuff, and with school and homework, it is hard for me to get down in there and do it myself. Along with doing it myself, i want it done RIGHT. I just figured that someone that has done it before could probably do it again, correctly, and about 1/4 the time it would take me. TajMan_17, (sorry, bad with names, whats your name again?? :)) we might have to have a ut3si meeting up at my house this spring. Work on the car, and go swimming. :) But then again, all of us have never done it before either. :(
Its Taj, and I have done a clutch before (on a GSX, almost the same thing). I'm sure some of the other members know a thing or two as well. Somone else already said that its all bolt up stuff, pretty straight forward. I'm sure you'll get it done with some help.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
It's not that this stuff is hard to do, but more so very time consuming. The biggest thing you'll have is the turbos which is a good 6-8 hour job if you know what you are doing. The rear turbo is the PITA but its not to bad once you get the heat shield off. The other other issue is pulling the A/C compressor so you can change out the front oil feed line, which you DEFINITELY want to change both of your feed lines.

KuJaX: Sorry man, but I hope you see my point. It is just not something I can even consider without being paid. Free travel accomodations is a great gesture, but its not like I would ever be coming to Utah in teh 1st place, so that trip would solely be for your benefit. And from a business aspect, it just does not work out to be in my favor considering I would actually lose money. Sorry dude.

Ty
Speed Factor

1 - 20 of 22 Posts