Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is input specifically on the ATR Exhaust for the VR-4. Please add comments and sound clips if possible.

I've heard both good and bad things about this exhaust....and since you can get it cheaper at www.mvpmotorsports.com then at the ATR page or just about anywhere else, it won't be that much of a dollar thing.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I have had it since june of '99. I have full ATR with no cats. The flow is great, the sound is great. However I am not satisfied with the overall setup. I don't like how it is a "fake" dual exhaust and I don't like the location of the clamps (they are visible). And it took a long time to get the tips lined up properly.

so in summary:

pros:
flows very well
sounds good
fits like a glove
nice tips
no rust

cons:
fake dual exhaust
poor clamp placement
a little difficult to line the tips up perfectly

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
I like mine! Great sound and looks nice. I have the full ATR exhaust with ATR high flow cat. I can't really give you a performance difference because I had that done at the same time as the boost controller.

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
I like mine too! I love the sound, like Matt sid, the flow is just awesome. The muffler is perfect for a turbocharged car too. It is straight through with a perforated core. I'm pretty sure that the other side (passenger) is what quiets it down a little. When I first got mine, the passenger side tip was damaged in shipping. ATR sent me another one, and I sent the damaged one back to them. In the meantime though, I went ahead and installed the rest of the system. While waiting on the tip, I had to drive the car and it was LOUD, both inside and outside of the car. The difference that tip made was unbelievable. So that is why I think the whole reason for the second outlet is to quieten it down.

Chris

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've had my ATR (DP, Hi-Flow Cat, Cat-back) for about 2 years and I love it. I, personally, like the sound much better than the other 3S exhaust systems that I have heard. We have also sold several systems and had ZERO complaints. ATR also seems to be a pretty good vendor to deal with. If you're interested email me at [email protected] We can give you a better price than MVP (and hopefully better service) :D

Take care,

Dan

·
Registered
139 Posts
Its a great system, but my car sounds very much like a V8 muscle car from behind. Something seems to be wrong. I have a straight pipe system, ATR DP into ATR exhaust system. It sounds great inside the car and when the car is screaming towards you. But sounds kinda messed up from behind. I'll record a little clip of it for you guys to check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts