Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dare to be Stupid
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who are old timers, you may remember the screenname ataraxy, aka Christine Singleton, later Cunningham (married name). Christine had a few 3s cars from my memory, a 95 SL, a 92 VR4, a 93 3000gt base, a 95 vr4, and a 95 stealth Rt na. We won't talk about that disaster of an eclipse she had for a short period, lol. I believe she also had a 3G eclipse before coming to the 3S community.

Christine was quite active on this forum, and I remember meeting up with her to sell her my old air intake and install it for her sometime in 2004 or so. We got a small local group around here together, and started getting some meets going. Eventually with her help, we got our own website and forum, and created the Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas regional, and had a few tri-state meets.

5 years ago, Christine was diagnosed with leukemia. As her battle with the disease worsened, she was able to devote less and less time to her cars, and to the forums. Maybe 4 years ago already I sold my car, and we talked less and less.

One day, I got a text from her asking if I could come help her get the vr4 running. It'd been sitting on jackstands for 2 yrs trying to put a test pipe in place of the cat, a new downpipe, had a dead battery, and alternator I believe. You see, her nephew was coming for a visit, and she wanted to take him for a ride in the vr4. Over a few evenings, we got the exhaust cut off, and got the car going. I'm assuming her nephew had a great time.

Then I didn't talk to her again for a few years, until last summer when I was moving, and I still had quite a large pile of spare 3s parts in my basement which I hadn't had much luck in selling. I loaded them all up and dropped them off for her. When I talked to her she still had plans of getting the vr4 running again (it hadn't ran for a few years again, since her nephew's visit). And she had plans to get her Stealth running right again (bad mechanic had done a shoddy head replacement quite a few years prior). Mind you, she wasn't able to drive anymore due to her vision had deteriorated pretty badly from the chemo. But she still wanted it running, if nothing else so she could ride around in it with someone else driving.

Last monday, her battle ended, and she left this earth for whatever you wish to believe lies beyond life.

https://pittsburghcremation.com/obituaries/christine-anne-cunningham-2-2/?fbclid=IwAR3-5sMbZ5Xx3V_DEjsuI1OaM4aIlL46jrG3qpXQlo5M88wHHjiVZ9nHLj8

It looks like there's alot of this going around, looking at the sticky's on the top of this forum. So sad to see, I purchased stuff from IPO back in the day, and I had a Seattle short shifter in my stealth.

Her family is accepting donations to help cover the costs of her cremation. She was initially covered under insurance, but after her first stay in the hospital which was months long, and then the chemo treatments, she lost her job after being out for so long. As such she lost her insurance, which took its toll on her, her husband's, and her family's finances. She was unable to get any life insurance, so if you could donate anything, her family would greatly appreciate it.

https://www.gofundme.com/christine039s-last-request

I know there's been some scams out there for gofundme, so I apologize if this is frowned upon, but this is legit. If a mod or admin wishes to PM me, I will verify as best as I can. I learned of her passing just a few days ago from a post her mother made on Facebook.

·
en**un**lightened
465 Posts
God's embrace...

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
RIP Christine

·
Registered
542 Posts
The United States Declaration of Independence states "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

I'm a Constitutional Conservative that takes the word "life" literally so it always touches my heart when I read about those that perish because they do not have the financial resources and those that are financially ruined from such hardships.

She was much too young to pass. May her family find solace in knowing her pain has ended and may their pain lessen over time.

RIP Christine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts