Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just toolin' along minding my own business when I notice a dark blue C5 about 3 cars behind me in the left lane. I can see that he's trying to get around the cars in front of him so I decide to turn the boost up to 16.5 just for fun of course. Well, he finally gets around and comes up beside me. He's in his mid 40's and has his sweety with him. We stop at the next light and her window comes down and SHE asks if I want to run 'em. I ask if she would like to put up $20.00 for fun and she laughed. I told her that I usually don't just race everyone that wants to run, but since she was in a C5, I'd run her, (him), for free. Her hubby is kind of smirking and revving up pretty hard, so I do the same. Light turns green and we're off. I immediately pull 2 length's before grabbing second. At the end of second, I've got and easy 5 length's. At 125, I had no less than 9 length's on him, so I hit the flashers and slowed down. He wants me to pull over and chat.
First words were "what the hell have you got in that"? I told him and he couldn't believe it. His only mod was a Borla exhaust. Sounded really good too. We talked for about 20 minutes and were off. Pretty cool people and seemed to have no problem loosing to a V6.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
What mods do you have? i want to ass rape a c5 soon!
Well after i break in my car(new engine) first :)
Zack

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HKS 13g turbos, ARC2/ARM1, Greddy Profec A boost EBC, Stillen down pipe, 3" catback exhaust, Greddy Type-S BOV, Fidenza flywheel, RPS Stage 2 clutch, SMC Alcohol Injection, 550cc injectors, 290lph fuel pump, Autometer EGT and boost gauges and NGK copper racing plugs. I'm sure there's something I'm missing, but that's just about all of it. I monitor the car just about all of the time with a pocketlogger. C5's are fun to run. (away from):D

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,116 Posts
I raced a modded C5 once, when my 97 Vr4 was still kind of lightly modded. We were dead even. (Oh, btw, good kill). The C5 driver even waved goodbye as I took my exit. Seemed like a nice driver, as well. So far, my few C5 experiences have not been bad ones.

V

·
0 Posts
Wow,impressive kill!!I wish I have that kind of power in my car:D
Definitely way to represent man!Ever been to track?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I bet he had no clew about AWD. Nice kill. I ran with a C5 ones and did a bad launch but still got a car length on him he was almost next to me at 70mph but we had to slow down. We talked and he and he's firend where very nice cool guys.

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Nice kill, I haven't get a chance to race a stock or a modified C5 yet. I'm stills waiting for that day to come:). I need to get the palm pocket datalogger to monitor my car. I think the price is around $350 for software, cable and palm pilot.

Black94VR4

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the price is around $350 for software, cable and palm pilot.

Black94VR4 [/B]

I paid $160.00 for the pocketlogger cable and software. You can get a Palm Pilot M100 for $99.00, so for $260.00, your loggin'. (A definite must have).

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
J92RT/TT,

Could u give me the website to order the software and cable for 2nd gen.?

Thanks,
Black94VR4

·
Jack Stand Driver
978 Posts
Yeah it seems that the vette drivers (that actually race) are pretty nice. I remember when my friend and I TRIED to race a ZR-1, the guy was kool about it, we were fucking with him just to have fun...then the vette got in the fast lane with no cars in front...then was GONE! lol we were in a stock 97' bird...anyways, we catch up to him as he is getting of the freeway and I put uup my hand with the devil horns and he give us a thumbs up and is smilling. So yeah he was kool too.

·
In charge
1,814 Posts
Nice kill. Was his an auto or six speed? Those C5 are quick cars, even in automatic form. Its especially good when the other guy is cool, win or lose.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6 SPEED. Analog speedo that reads 200MPH. Very nice ride and nice people.

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
Good kill ! !

Sounds like you have your car all dialed in, and its running strong ! ! Damn, pulling that many cars on him with just 13G's . . very nice.

Now that Vette prices are dropping, you should see more racers / enthusiasts running around in the 97's / 98's . .

Good to see someone else that likes to wind it up a bit and run up top.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks and yes, the car is running very strong. I just wonder what the outcome would have been if I turned the boost up to 18 or 19psi.

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
a guy in his 40's driving a corvett??

Ill be damed you never see that.:rolleyes:

lmao. sweet kill

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
First of all, thanks for putting that vette in line!!! I love letting the vette's know that they aren't as good as they think they are. Except the Z06 of course. 2nd, your car is DAMN nice.... How much money did you put into modding it up like that?

Mustang,

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I spent just under 4k for all of the upgrades. I bought the majority of them from fellow members here. I am pretty happy with the way the car is running now. It feels very strong and pulls very hard. I just installed the Greddy Profec A boost controller this past weekend and can't believe that I didn't buy one sooner. It sure is a lot better having boost control right at your fingertip, not to mention, the turbo's seem to spool much quicker. I'll be lookin' for that red Viper cruisin' around to see how I stack up against him. Will most likely run 18psi if I get the chance to run it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
akira410 said:
I raced a modded C5 once, when my 97 Vr4 was still kind of lightly modded. We were dead even. (Oh, btw, good kill). The C5 driver even waved goodbye as I took my exit. Seemed like a nice driver, as well. So far, my few C5 experiences have not been bad ones.
Those C5 guys are all assholes, I think. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts