Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Are you guys still active?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  953000GTBE 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I am in Texas and a long time 3Si member. I will be moving up to Rockford, IL next week and wanted to know if you guys are still active. I have a 92 3000GT that I am currently restoring and this is my 3rd 3S. Well let me know if yall are still active and if any of you are in Rockford!!

#3 ·
There actually are a ton of 3/S people spanning from Milwaukee to Chicago to Rockford. I've met several when selling and buying parts. Unfortunately I can't say the community is very organized. We exist, but that's about it.

#4 ·
Is it due to no one wanting to meet up or more to there is no one setting things up?

#5 ·
It's not very organized. In my opinion we need a Midwest3S website. MN 3S, WI 3S, and Chicago 3S alone don't amount to much of a community. But if we joined together as a conglomerate, there could be a good outcome.

#7 ·
People stopped showing up to meets the past two years...... I used to try and plan a BBQ in
Busse once a month in warmer weather. We even had meets at Dave and busters and indoor go karting in the winter. But no one would response to my gathering interest threads. So we just went to using the big gatherings at meets..... UMG, NG, BRG, and MOD. Also check JDMchicago since people got to thier meets lately.

I also hang out with WI and michiana crew. WI does a monthly hooters, plus some show up at road America. Michiana we see at either gingerman or Putnam park at times. (a couple of us got out of drag racing but there's byron near you compared to great lakes and rt 66) there's a huge drift event out near you called thunderdome I have yet to experience :(. Also lots of autox at the sears center prob 30 mins from you as well. Pezcore runs his subie, and his gf her 350z)

So feel free to set something up.......

#10 ·
<<< Represents the South Side Stealth guys!!! :pedobear:

#11 · (Edited)
I'm in the NW burbs and probably one of the closest to you in rockford. Though depending on where in Rockford you are its still 45 min away

-Also over the past 2 years it seems quite a few older members have been selling their cars and newbies dont know about the gatherings ect.. The existing owners all seem to have builds that have been going on this year: I can think of 7 builds off of the top of my head.

It would be good though to do a Busse Woods/ Schaumburg area gathering maybe just before winter hits like late October or early November

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.