Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And does it matter if it's a 1g or 2g? I found ic's and turbos but one set of turbo and ic are from a 2g, and the other ones are from a 1G. Thanks for your reply.

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
The intercoolers do work for us.....the 1st gen 14b turbo and the 2nd gen garret t25 wont bolt up because they have a 4 bolt set up from the exhuast manifold while ours is a 3 bolt design.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are 1G ic's and 2Gic's the same? I can get one from each. Can I modify the turbo to fit in some way? Has anyone done this? I heard of someone doing this here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The ic's are the same so get a 2g becasue it will have less miles and most likely be in better condition.

Late,

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
The DSM ICs are similar to each other in performance but are not physically identical.

The turbos will fit, all you need is a manifold. DN Performance sells a complete kit including two big 16g's or he'll sell just the manifolds but expect to drop at least $1500 for the manifolds alone.

A TD05-14b from a 1g DSM is much larger than our stockers. A pair of those would be equal to our 15g upgrades, not to mention 1/3 of the cost.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get 15g's for 1500. What kind of manifolds do I need to get? Is there any other way to rig 'em to work? What is dn preformance's web page? Thanks

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
I thought Matt @ dynamic said that Don was out of the country for a short while, and would be back any time now.

Do you all mean that the intercoolers from the turbo DSM are superior to ours and bolt right on? Do the DSM come with 1 intercooler, or 2?

·
Registered
467 Posts
First gen and second gen DSM I/C are not the same. first gens are way thicker, and they're not a bolt on. I have them. They made me faster:)

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
If they aren't direct bolt on, how hard was it to get them to fit? I found a mint 91 DSM intercooler today, and if it's an easy install, i'll start searching for another one.

Todd

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice Car

I love youre car I was thinking about lowering my car, but I havent heard any feedback on if it sucks to do so or not, also if you could tell me what brand of springs you have. Sorry I have no advice on the ic and turbo upgrade ?

Thanks Jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts