Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had any particular problems tuning the ARC2, running big turbos and injectors?

The setup is IHI BB turbos, 750cc injectors, ARC2, G-Force, FMIC, the works.
*** Edited *** No VPC...

Boost is set at about 1.15 bar...

The car is running really rich, especially at idle.

Anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone had similar problems?

I don't actually have the car yet, so I can't really answer any detailed questions yet.... hopefully the car will be delivered today.

But I'd like to get a jump on a known problem, so I can get to tuning that beast.

If I can't work it out (maybe with Trents help) then maybe I'll take it to Altered since they're reasonable close to me.

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
I had my AFC tuned by Altered and they did a great job. Plus you get the dyno printout so you know what your car is putting down. I know Trent would go down there like once a year and get his vpc tuned, but the ARC is supposed to be real easy to tune. Hope you can figure it out and save a couple hundred bucks.

Jason

·
Registered
655 Posts
I run rich or lean at idle. Rarely does it dither like it's supposed to. I have tried many things with no great success. I am going to try the hotwire mod soon to see if that helps.

·
5,179 Posts
I would sell the ARC-2 and G-force and go with the AEM setup. I would also send it down to AAM to have the car dyno tuned after the AEM installation.

Sounds like you found a beast. Good Luck ;)

BTW post some pictures once you get it home

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks...

for everyone's input.

Carl, I've been thinking about doing just that - I talked to ? from DR and the concensus is that the 750cc injectors are just too big for the ARC to properly control.

Since winter's coming anyway, I might just send it to altered for a rebuild, to get forged internals, and get the AEM at the same time.

Sort of a preventative rebuild, know what I mean? So I don't break something and have to do a rebuild anyway.

I've still got brand new 550cc's, I might swap injectors and see what I can run with just the 550's for now, and do the rebuild later.

See what PSI I can run with the 550's before they're maxed out.

Flyers - sure thing, I'll let ya know what I wind up doing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts