Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
3SWiki.org
9,718 Posts
I haven't heard anything new about them yet.

From what I understand, the new shocks will help the doors stay up better in colder climates.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's right.
My driver's shock is even damaged so it is not holding at all.
I wonder if Bill is doing something about it.....

·
TPW: The Prophet
4,191 Posts
I spoke with Bill recently, as in within a week or so. He informed me that he is awaiting a shippment of replacement shocks from Redline and that they have told him that they are on thier way. I am assuming he will say something when they come in due to the number of members looking for them, myself included.

·
deftracing.com
5,225 Posts
I f I could climb a mountain, fire up a flare, do a feat of strength, or anything to get these quicker i would have long ago. Unfortunately as everyone knows it is completely beyond my control. The good news is that the new shocks are about 20 pounds stronger... if anyone saw the RX7 display at SEMA you know how the door lifts now at room temp.

For anyone who would like the fastest news on their arrival, join the mailing list. That way you wont miss the announcement. Alot of people ask me to let them know about various things, and I always tell them to join the mailing list, because thats where everything is announced.

As the people on the mailing list know, this is not a spam list.... I send a mailing list email out probably once every 2 or 3 months. Hopefull the next email will be about the shocks, as soon as Redline lets me know. That one will include pricing, shipping, availability, etc.

·
4,191 Posts
Log onto www.importprecision.com and find the where it says to "subscribe to the news letter." It is on the home page in the center just below the first set of pictures. All you do is type in your email address and hit subscribe.

·
4,191 Posts
Actually, Bill bought shocks for those needing them but you have to pay for them since he bought them out of his own money. They are $35 shipped (each).

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OF COURSE i will be happy to pay several bucks to have already my VLS system fully functional.

How can i order it? Do i have to write to Bill? Last time he was bit angry that i'm writing to him, he told that he will let know all people interested in right time.

I even joined the mailing list but i got just the message about changing the name to "deft racing" or so.

·
deftracing.com
5,225 Posts
I've never been angry about anything... if you got that impression I'm sorry. I just refer people to the mailing list. That is where we will announce when the order of high pressure shocks is finally available.

Just for the record, I have no ability to get redline to ship shocks or take care of people, and if I'm frustrated, it's because I'm waiting for them to do it, but I get to feild all the questions. You just have to bear with me, i have no control on that end.

I did buy some shocks and have been getting them to the guys whove emailed that they need them first. PM me, I have just a couple left.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PM sent...

thanks in advance - it looks like the day of solving my "dead shock" issue is near :)

·
4,191 Posts
I felt the same way when I got my replacement shock. I am very glad to have both doors working in VLS again, nothing like being a show stopper.

·
4,191 Posts
You're right, I didn't go to the link. :D Thanks for the update, I'll be placing an order and telling others as I always do. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts