Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
I just recently installed some gauges in my car. Are you planning on installing them yourself? I would reccomend doing it yourself its reallly not all that bad. I did all 6 gauges in 6 hours. Anyway back to your orginal question. I read that the gauges should outlive the life of the car.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to do it my self , as far as expected life I have seen them in Honda's and some were burn't out , but who knows , they might have screwed up the wiring. I only payed $38 for them on Ebay , There is still one more set listed for an SL , two for the VR-4 , they look real good , light and dark blue , white and red colours ON white face gauges . O ya can they be dimmed ? with the factory dimmer ?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
go here
www.angelfire.com/extreme4/bluv69k
6hrs, holy shit! I ordered mine from procarparts.com and they are very high quality. My first set along time ago was crap, my car stumbled and the 2 main ones burnt out. they where el-cheapo

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
i dont have the reverse indiglow's, just the normal set for about 2 yrs now..no problem

good luck doing the center 3 gauges--i still haven't gotten them in yet :( me and my boy took the whole dash apart and couldn't reach one bolt :mad:

Bluv69k- Damn man, your interior looks good!!!! I like it! how are those indiglo needles? i was gonna get them but i dont like messing w/ the needles.. any problems?? Nice Setup! :bigthumb:

·
Michiana 3/S Chapter Pres
3,041 Posts
Bluv69k said:
go here
www.angelfire.com/extreme4/bluv69k
6hrs, holy shit! I ordered mine from procarparts.com and they are very high quality. My first set along time ago was crap, my car stumbled and the 2 main ones burnt out. they where el-cheapo
Nice rims!!! I have the same ones, first car i have seen on 3si with them too, although i know others have purchased them.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Bigmac said:
I am going to do it my self , as far as expected life I have seen them in Honda's and some were burn't out , but who knows , they might have screwed up the wiring. I only payed $38 for them on Ebay , There is still one more set listed for an SL , two for the VR-4 , they look real good , light and dark blue , white and red colours ON white face gauges . O ya can they be dimmed ? with the factory dimmer ?
They should come with a seperate dimmer. The facotory dimmer will only control the needle and odometer brightness not the brightness of the gauges. You probaly bought the same set as me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Thanks, I bought the needle kit (very high quality) but I think I know a cheaper way. Pm me and I'll let ya know what I think.

·
Unforeseen dichotomy.
1,393 Posts
Are the actual gauges two pieces (the indiglo film and the gauge itself) or just one?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Puffe516

I didn't get the three centers with the kit , maybe thats why it was only $38, I don't really care about them , just looking forward that counts . I don't think it will look to bad being that both heater controls and the center gauges will all be orange . Personaly I find the Pontiac orange staring me in the face , ugly and borring , do you like the look of yours? , I don't have mine installed yet.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
50 at procarparts.com for all of them. That is gonna look nasty with diffrent color gauges everywhere.

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
Re: Puffe516

Bigmac said:
I didn't get the three centers with the kit , maybe thats why it was only $38, I don't really care about them , just looking forward that counts . I don't think it will look to bad being that both heater controls and the center gauges will all be orange . Personaly I find the Pontiac orange staring me in the face , ugly and borring , do you like the look of yours? , I don't have mine installed yet.
Hey, that's good then man! The 3 center gauges will just stress you out. i think having indiglo's in the main cluster looks great already!

For $38, you can't beat that price. I got mine off of ebay when they first came out for 100 bux :mad:

I just feel incomplete b/c I do have the center 3 indiglo's but they're not installed. no one around here will do it for less than a 100 bux to install.

dont forget to show us pics when you have them installed! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts