Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of doing this and was wondering what if anything you needed to do custom in order to get it done. I am going to get some jackstands so i can get under and unbolt the last section. if you have done this any help is apriciated

Darrel

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btt

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Hmmm, the guy who put my exhaust on, had to crush bend a small area. Where the pipe goes around the left rear lower control arm.

It just would not fit!

·
STOCK ??? HELL NO...!!!
3,475 Posts
It is a direct bolt-on... don't worry... I think you will need the VR4 down pipe also, if you don't already got it..!!

Go ahead, it is a nice upgrade and a very good MOD for your RT...:D

El Boricua

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Unfortunately, you will have to crush bend the main pipe.

From Erics page:

Picture 13: I took a photo of this specific bend in the exhaust piping because it posed problem. But it wasn't one that a heavy mallet couldn't take care of :) The VR-4 piping is bigger in diameter, and also, it cuts at less of an angle than does the stock non-turbo exhaust. So when I was trying to mount everything up in there, the pipe was hitting the dreiver-side rear control arm, and wouldn't reach all the mount points (and wouldn't reach that catalytic converter). We did two things to solve this problem:
1) Hammered in the inside of the bend that was hitting the control arm mount. We banged it in about a half inch so there was enough clearance for the exhaust to clear the control arm and also allow enough room to get a tool at the bolts there for adjusting the camber of the rear driver-side wheel.

·
Banned
762 Posts
when I did mine, you need to do 2 things custom. first you have to bend a part around the driverside control arm (2 good hits with a sledge no problems). I had a piece of 3" piping made where the straight pipes meet the pipe that goes in the mufflers... It just won't fit tight there, or else it leaked bad for me. THats basically it, besides obviously the hangers for the passenger side... and also the center hanger needs to be welded on. I paid a muffler shop $50 to put on the hanger and make and weld the center connecting piece. Exhaust sounds great. Good Luck

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there any differences on the 99 vr-4 exaust compared to earlier versions? also does anyone have a diagram of the botom of a vr-4 and the diagram of a gen 2 RT?

Thanks

Darrel

·
Sc300-2jzgte coming soon
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am going t o take a look at that tonight i am looking at the botom of my car and i am seeing alot of shit that is insane( it looks like i have 3 cats after the main car i may just use a DP on this to make it flow better.

Thanks
Darrel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts