Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Hey Mark,
Did you get the brakes to work right? I have bled the brakes 20 times after getting the right caliper rebuilt that wasn't holding pressure. I gave it to my mechanic to bleed them in case I was doing something wrong, and I can not get the pedal to feel completley firm the first time I hit the brakes. It stops, but it feels like crap. If I release the brake and hit it again, the car stops like I threw out an anchor. One of the techs at his shop has these brakes on his race car, and he said they do it on that car too and its just the nature of these brakes. He also said that these calipers aren't meant for daily driving. Anyway, what do you think might be causing the bad first application of brakes? I can not get any more air out of them, not even little bubbles. My ABS light is on becasue the rear sensor is bad. Could air trapped in the ABS system cause this?

Sam

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
I'm not sure sam. My brakes don't feel squishy at all on any application. My ABS light is on also, but it's because I have pocket logger cable permanently mounted and it is always connect, so my abs is off.

The only problem I have had with these brakes is not locking a wheel up when I apply them very hard.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Mark,

My Wilwood 'upgrade' saga has continued since the day I put them on. One caliper was leaking right out of the threads on the outboard bleeder, and I kept tightening it down until it ripped out of the caliper. The guys at Wilwood claimed it was my fault, and then when they rebuilt the caliper on my dime, they gave me two piece bleeder screws (the tech told me they had problems with the ones they had shipped the calipers with). Consequently, I had all the brake fluid leak out of the one side before I had a chance to get the stock caliper temporarily attached. Once I got the Wilwood one back (two weeks later), I bled them sucessfully (or so I thought). I had my dad pump the brakes while I manned the bleeder, and he told me the brakes were so firm, he could barely push the pedal down. My car pulls to the right when I hit my brakes hard from high speed (after pumping once). I might just go back to stock as my mechanic suggested. He told me to keep an eye on them for daily use.

Sam

·
Dog Is My Co-Pilot
4,082 Posts
Try sending a pm to Mitchell Barrock, mjb440. He's the one who put the kits together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.