Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find this fascinating. My concern is what happens when one of the solenoids fail. I'd think that since we have a 4 valve setup you'd still be able to drive. Since F1 uses the setup, there should be a good base of information on achieving a working solution.

This Wesley guy is using a Harbor Freight air tank and 12 volt compressor to run it.

DIY engineering mastermind Wesley Kagan is looking for a somewhat cheaper aftermarket alternative. After many hours of trial and error, his camless Mazda 1.6-liter project led to a working and driving proof of concept, at which point Mr. Kagan decided to make his plans and code available to all tinkerers, free of charge.

Kagan feels that professionals with resources like dynamometers are likely to take this technology to the next level sooner than he can, partly because he considers himself to be a novice at programming. Soon enough, his YouTube description will be filled with CAD and other crucial data. The rest is up to you.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hah I saw this on youtube the other day and thought about it. Not sure how this would play out on an interference engine like ours. Because you pretty much only get one chance to get the timing right lol.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hah I saw this on youtube the other day and thought about it. Not sure how this would play out on an interference engine like ours. Because you pretty much only get one chance to get the timing right lol.
My thought was that you could control the amount of opening the valves make and modify the degrees fairly easily with that system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts