Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my dilema I live in KY, drive a 96VR4 can't find Redline Products around here,and my uncle is an Amsoil vendor does any one use these products in their cars? I will not put this in my car just based on his sales pitch, he showed me his papers that shows how Amsoil is better than redline and all there other non-biased? information.
Thanks in advance,
Chris

G

·
0 Posts
I used Amsoil for a while (a friend of mine at work is a dealer), but I don't anymore because it's just too expensive. I don't think there's anything wrong with the products, but if you can get Mobil-1 at Wal-Mart for half the price, why not just use that.

One thing I DON'T believe is their "extended drain interval" claims. The oil may still test good after extended periods, but it still has plenty of dirt in it - if it doesn't it's not doing it's job.

I just feel better putting fresh oil in every 3,000 miles, and I don't feel that Amsoil is worth the added (and in my opinion, unnecessary) expense.

Just my $.02.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Check out the oil analyst post I just made. I found a very good article on how the various oils rate.

The web page address is:
http://www.micapeak.com/info/oiled.html

Dave Best
3Si #62

I think you will find you are much better off with Mobil 1 than Redline, but decide yourself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information guys, I think I'll stick with Mobil 1 after reading that chart.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That's was my conclusion too. If not for the simple fact you can get Mobil 1, almost any where, Wal Mart, K-mart and any auto place right over the counter.

I have asked and no one is telling if Ansoill is sold by Anyway or not, but they sell it the same way through distributors. And buying out of the trunk of someones car make me wonder about what I getting.

Dave Best
3Si #62

G

·
0 Posts
According to my friend (the Amsoil dealer), Amsoil is not connected in anyway to Amway. I thought they must be, too, because of the similarity of the names, but apparently they are totally different.

I guess I have that same funny feeling about buying out of someone's trunk. I'll just stick with Mobil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts