Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking around for some good all season performance tires. To help save on some costs, I was looking locally to avoid shipping charges. Pep Boys only had 1 tire that would fit, and that was the Futura Ultra Z. Anyone have any experience with these, or have something else that reasonably priced to recommend? I need something that will do good in the snow, as well as be a performance tire.

Here's the link to Pep Boys page about them:
http://www.pepboys.com/tires/peptires/highperformance/futuraultraz/

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
They are ok.. you'll wear throught them real fast. It only took me a couple thousand miles to go through mine.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Got em

Bought a pair earlier in the year. I'm reasonable happy since they were really pretty cheap. Pep Boys let me drive my car into the bay and watch over the shoulder while they did the work. I'd recommend trying to get that yourself - read up on bad tire installations & you'll know why. Many have had horrible results from Pep Boys.

I think tirerack.com will give you some alternatives but your pricerange might dictate something less acceptable than what many on this board like to "wear". I thought the Futura's were great all around & so far have no complaints. I've driven them really without stressing them, however, so I can't promise they'll be good for thousands of miles if you like those illegal street races. Come to think of it ... I really need to put a little more stress on those tires -- time to drive -- bye :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, in terms of tire wear, these are supposed to be good for about 40,000 miles. Not bad, but not great either. I don't drive extremely hard on my tires, but they will get worked from time to time. I did look at the Kuhmos at tirerack, but the ones I saw didn't look like they would do very well in the snow. They did have the SP Sport 5000 Asymmetrical and the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWS for about the same price though as the Futuras. The SP Sports seemed to get seemed to get pretty good ratings overall. What kind of shipping rates should I expect for 4 tires?

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
I've had the Futura's for almost 40k miles. I rotate them religiously and there's still plenty of life in them. The first thing I noticed after mounting them was, they are much quieter than the stock Goodyear's.

·
Registered
136 Posts
They did have the SP Sport 5000 Asymmetrical and the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWS for about the same price though as the Futuras. The SP Sports seemed to get seemed to get pretty good ratings overall. What kind of shipping rates should I expect for 4 tires?

I just bought 2 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWS from tire rack and the shipping was less than $15.00. It did cost me $13. each to get them mounted and balanced. About $20.00 per tire above the tirerack price to drive on them.

To soon to say if they are good tires, but the ride is smooth and the tires are quiet even with the top down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts