Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having major fitment issues with the cutout. Anyone have any pics of where they mounted it? (before the cat, of course).

Urgent reply needed. thanks

·
Registered
227 Posts
it has to go after the flex section (on stock dp) and you probably have to weld through or remove the support arm (not a big deal)

no pics, but i almost put one on (but discovered poor weld job)
also theres no turnin back once you cut your dp in two

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"There's no turning back once you cut your dp"

That's exactly what the shop said hehe.....

Yeah I know what you are talking about, about the support, right before the main cat. I could just bolt the y pipe too that. The problem is I have the MPP2 electronic plate that is basically a solenoid driven door for the cutout. press a button, it opens. The plate is really bulky and fitting it in the exhaust "tunnel" is going to be a bitch. Do a google search for the McCord Power Plate if you want to see pics, and possibly give me some ideas. Maybe I could just go manual on the cutout, I don't know.

·
Registered
227 Posts
sounds like the electronic setup may take up too much space,
if you go manual, make sure the cable is strong enough to hold the cutout in the closed position and strong enough to open it under exhuast pressure (might be hard to do). best place for the handle (manual) is by the gas/hood latch on left of driver's seat...it sucks to make a hole in the carpet but its the most pracitcal spot...let us know how it goes

·
Formerlly Ps933kgt
6,968 Posts
Odin said:
No testpipe here, I still need to smog it;)
Couldnt you just put the y pipe to a test pipe, install it. When smog tests come around you could just take it off and put your cat back on. Obviously the wires attatched to the unit would be the problem. But just get some wire connectores, the ones that you connect two different connections (male and female) to the different sides of the wire and connect them. That way when you take the test pipe with cutout off for emmisions you just disconect the wires. After you smog it reconnect the wires. Just make sure the connectors and or wires are color coded :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts