·
Bored User
8,534 Posts
WTF!?!?!?!:eek:

I e-mailed Matt about it.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
That kind of shit pisses me off. Some sorry SOB doesn't have anything better to do than fuck with someone elses hard work.

·
Premium Member
12,202 Posts
SHiVeR-91VR4 said:
luckily it wasnt the main site...and hopefully you have it all backed up.

thy used a known hole in the PHP code for that board, there is a up-date for that board that fixes the hole.

the Main site would be a hell of alot harder to crack, and even if thy did, all the pic's and dis's are all backed up so it would not be a big deal...

·
Registered
430 Posts
These bbs systems are notoriously un-secure. I've been able to embed way more stuff into posts than any sane system should allow. It allows freaking JavaScript in the post, what kind of shit is that? You shouldn't be able to do the following on a bbs:

Wheel Size Calculator:

<form action="" name="wheel_info">
Enter Tire Size: <input type="text" name="wide" size="4" maxlength="3"> / <input type="text" name="ratio" size="3" maxlength="2"> / <input type="text" name="wheel" size="3" maxlength="2"> <br>
<input type="button" value="Calculate" onclick="javascript:document.wheel_info.output_zone.value = (new Number(wheel_info.wide.value) * new Number(wheel_info.ratio.value) * 2.0 / 25.4) / 100.0 + new Number (wheel_info.wheel.value);"> <input type="reset" value="Clear"><br>
Wheel diameter: <input type="text" name="output_zone" size="5" maxlength="5" value=""> inches<br>

</form>

But, as long as nothing truly important goes on on the bbs, it's really no big deal when it gets hacked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.