Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make them??? has anyone talked to www.levelten.com and checked if they make stronger trannys??
The only thing that sucks in these cars are the trannys.. hmm... maybe the weight also.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
To my knowledge the only stronger tranny is the Kormex. But even that one isn't as sturdy as we would like it to be.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
yea the kormex (spelling?) and ther are also some trannys for like 10 or 15 g's or something but they are guarenteed for life. i cant remember the thread that i got that info from though, sorry. my plan is to just win the lottery then i will get one of those super trannys:D . if anyone reads this thread who does know about those "super trannys" could you comment on how heavy they are compared to stock. same question for the kormex trannys too.
hope that helps a little.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I've been trying to find some info on what it would take to swap another AWD tranny into our cars that would eliminate the Transfer Case problem. I was checking up on the Skyline Drivetrain (which is very efficient) to see what it would need, and well, its a lot. New axles, drive shaft, differentials, motor mounts, shave the front of the engine bay, and that's only half. We would also have to keep our cars from going too low, as the "Atessa" would scrape the ground. It's a big transmission. There's probably more (including an altered chassis) but I'm still looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts