Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 91 as a project, I've done a lot of work to it, it's mechanically sound for the most part (it's smoking while running right now, but I believe it's the turbos needing rebuild - oil in air intake lines), needs some TLC for the aesthetic side as I never put money into that. Engine has ~20,000 on the rebuild, needs a good tune up. Just don't have time for it anymore, looking to offload it for the most reasonable offer (can't bring myself to do the Carmax thing since they'll lowball and just auction it to a junkyard).

A couple pics in attachments as well as a doc explaining everything I've done.

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, it's not really a mystery where the smoke is coming from it did this precise thing before I replaced the turbos last time but I had to go cheap cause I needed it to be a DD and didn't have much money so I cheaped out and got a used set and am paying for that now... Even Carmax offered me just a whisper shy of $3,500 and they would just be trashing it to a junk yard for a profit so even they think it's worth more than that in its current condition. I'm not hard on 6k, that was just a starting point since people were asking - I've seen VR4s sell on Craigslist for 5k with a busted engine, or worse, mine is in considerably better condition than that.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
If carmax will give you $3500 I would suggest dropping it off IMMEDIATELY.

TAke that money and smile all the way home. It's worth $1500 -2500.

Not being mean and please don't take offense. Just being honest. I've bought over 60 of these. All twin turbos. I know the market very very well.

And I assure you Donnie is right on point. Smoke could be many many things. None of them good.

Good luck with your sale! Maybe someone will fall in love w it. It's happened before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts