Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering doing a turbo setup but I would rather go with a custom front mount core that will fit without removing the crash bar. I will be going with either the stock turbos or 13gs so the flow rating of the core would need to be either the same as stock or a little more.

One more question: I have been looking at Spearco intercoolers but since I don't know what flow rating I need, I have no idea what to look for. Does anyone know of any other good cores that might be a little cheaper? All I would need is the core. I will have someone else weld up the ends and the piping.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is really nice work, but I am confused. Aren't there supposed to be 2 inlets and 1 outlet, instead of 1 in and 1 out?

I really just need to know the flow rating of the stock intercoolers for now, but thanks anyway.

Also, are there any measurable differences between your radiator and the stock one?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Pearl RT, As you said don't remove the front or rear crash bar for any reason.I was rearended and the rear "shock" on the crash bar was totally maxed out.The damaged was minimal and I fixed it for under $200.00.I had been considering removing the crash bars for weight savings.My car would have been easily totalled if I had done this and Im sure on investigation my insurance would have paid nothing.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
Very Nice Paul

I have a feeling your '92 will be performing admirably at the next DSM shootout. Very nice work. I too am working on a custom intercooler for my car but the tubes will be nearly vertical as opposed to horizontal like yours and many of the aftermarket ones currently offered. Whose core are you using and how thick? If you don't mind, I will be getting in contact with you in the near future on this project. Are you going to offer these to the public or are they just one off prototypes for your own consumption?

Also, how much did the radiator set you back?

Regards,

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Paul said:
I have designed an intercooler that fits behind the crash bumper and flows more than enough for your application (13Gs). You can check it out at:
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/street/2928

I haven't finished the piping yet but I am selling the Intercooler for $1450

Paul
92RT/TT
cool stuff... i've always been looking for an aftermarket radiator...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks for the complements guys :D
PearlR/T,
On this front mount IC there is one inlet. There are two 2" pipes going from the turbos to a "Y-pipe" into a 3" pipe that goes to the IC.
If I can find a place that will test the flow of the stock intercooler I will have that done and let you know the results.

Joe,
I tried to design a verticle flow FMIC, but gave up after a month or so. There just wasn't enough room to make it as efficient as I wanted. The core is 3.5" thick this allow me to use the longer horizantal channels for big efficiency, and still have great flow capabilities. When I finish the IC pipes and have everything tested I will be selling them as a kit, and separately.
I am selling the radiators with and without Stainless Steel brackets, $550 and $500 respectivly.
Definately let me know if you need any help with your IC project, I would be happy to help.:)

AmkreadGTO,
Thanks.....If you want one just let me know

Paul
92RT/TT
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts