Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested in this...particularly on blue 94 vr-4s. I want to know if my car is rare or not :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't worry, I paid for it myself, and its not my first car :) (plus I pay for insurance and gas, ect.) Purchased a 94 jeep limited when I turned 16, and sold it to my dad recently to buy the vr-4 (dad is gonning to give it to my younger brother when he turns 16) So right now I get to drive the jeep in the winter, and I should have the small loan I took-out [for the car] paid off by the end of summer.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
So what do you do at 17 to buy these cars, if you don't mind my asking? I'm in college and need more money :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yeah that's what I was wondering. :) Tell me the secret to paying off a "small loan" on a 94 Blue VR4!! :)

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
I'll take a guess...
programming, or the kid is damn good at saving money :)

-Aaron
'94 R/T TT
'95 VR-4 Spyder
'95 Pearl Yellow R/T (belongs to Mom)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Maybe he got a really good deal....as in auctions.

-Jeff

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Work mostly :). 4-5 days a week. I've been working at the same restaurant for a few years. Plus when I was growing up my parents forced me to put half of everything I earned (christmas, birthday, ect.) in the bank. (note* the jeep does have over 120 k) During the summer, I already have a job lined up to wait tables...that will get me at least 200 per week (almost all going towards paying off the loan )

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Oooohhh.... I'm trying that method and don't much care for it myself, but it works. hehehehe :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I work at a restaurant too, but we don't have any Texas Roadhouses around here, so even though my restaurant may be hte nicest in town, I can't quite make $200 a week. More like $150 at best (not including wages), which is pretty good consideirng the total hours I work. It's definitely the most money a HS can make with a part-time job that doesn't require special skills. I just couldn't afford the insurance if I did.

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
Anyone with the answer? I'm 18, and i am picking up my 94 pearl blue VR4 in one week, 12/3... it will be my 2nd 3/s and 3rd car, i had a 97 eclipse gs-t that was stolen... worked out for me, though :eek:) I know of 3 of the pearl blue 94 vr-4's: unfairlobster, schneidr81, and myself... mine probably haveing the fewest motor miles as it was replaced10,000 miles ago, and not a SINGLE rock chip or ding in the entire car. I'll post all about it when i pick it up... don't worry Jeff (Gatecrasher), I'll let you drive :eek:)

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
BTW, I paid, or am paying for all my cars and insurance... $66 a month for my VR4, and $50 for my base, and about $55 for my eclipse. All full coverage and under my parent's plan :eek:)

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
How is your insurance that cheap? On my Celica right now it's over $200 a month for full coverage with my Dad... A first gen VR-4 would be minimally more than my car right now - hell, a 91 VR-4 has LOWER insurance than my '93 slow ass Celica GT, go figure!

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
probably b/c my parents have all thier insurance through the same company... never a claim until last month (eclipse was stolen) and a multicar discount and good student discount

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I pay about $100 montly on the vr-4. Not too bad at all.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
All I can say is wow for you people that are under 20 with low rates... I'm 18 with no claims and my parents haven't had any either on the same company for like 10 years or so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts