Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is not a Lounge question but I have a friend looking at late 70s 308 Ferraris. Up here in the sticks we don't have a lot to choose from but looking at pictures on the net the 1976 thru 1982 cars all look pretty similar. Was there a body style change in there and does anyone know of any sites with good photos of these older cars?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I learned to drive a stick in one, other than that I dont know much--except that my Dad says my car pulls twice as hard as his 308 did

·
IDIC
4,390 Posts
Check out Ferrari's web page for info on the 308's. It was either 1980 or 1981 that the 308's went to fuel injection and lost alot of power...I was looking at getting a '78 308GTS...they're steel bodied i believe (it's been a while since I've looked into them)..
While it'd be really cool to have a ferrari, they apparently don't have the kind of power you'd expect from a Ferrari..but i've never driven one..
Get a 3000GT Spyder..you'll probably find them for less and they just kick ass =)

-Aaron
'94 R/T TT
'95 VR-4 Spyder
'95 Pearl Yellow R/T (belongs to Mom)

·
1,377 Posts
I believe that William aka Countach has/had a 308...I'm sure he could shed some light.

·
Crazy Biscuit
2,464 Posts
Bah, don't get a 308 man, kinda crappy performance wise. I drove a 308GTB, bah, sucked. 308GTS, bah, sucks, lol. Get an LS1, a VR-4, a supra TT, a 300zx TT, a supercharge mustaing, hehe. Unless he only wants the name. If he wants both name is GOOD performance, the early 3 series isn't a good choice. Granted they look good, but they don't perform half as good as they look. However you should be able to find for 27k or somewhere around that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts