Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before I had my license and could drive actual cars; starting in 6th grade I would go ham on sims like Assetto Corsa for hours and learned quite a lot of vehicle control stuff which has now come useful in saving my butt irl in heavy rain and other

One handed 300hp R32 sliding

Went way deep trail braking, rear end came out and just kinda went with it, slid all of turn 2 at Laguna Seca haha lap was still 1:39

Funny video of me doing a 360 entry in a Corolla AE86 from 2017, was in 7th grade and a big Initial D fan at the time hahah
This car has 140chp on a good day and you gotta weight transfer it like crazy to get it to do what you want

Also from 5 yrs ago in 7th grade and pretty funny

· Registered
727 Posts
I may as well add my 2c since no one else is.

Nice driving.

7th grade......
5 years ago.......

You're making me feel old lol.

Back in my day, PC racing sims were rubbish, steering wheels & pedals were terrible, vehicle dynamics and handling was average. I spent far too much of my childhood playing Gran Turismo 1 (the graphics were truly excellent back then), one day a PS2 arrived and I was glued to Gran Turismo 3 (the graphics were almost real back then). Once I got my first real life car, I didn't go back to gaming, and there started my long and expensive history of car ownership.

I could never drive that well on the sims, I can't drive for shit in real life now. Maybe it was more realistic than I thought....... :unsure:

It's a nice cheap hobby though, gaming. I wish I could go back to it with some kind of enthusiasm like a lot of my peers have, but I just can't get "into" it for some reason.

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may as well add my 2c since no one else is.

Nice driving.

7th grade......
5 years ago.......

You're making me feel old lol.

Back in my day, PC racing sims were rubbish, steering wheels & pedals were terrible, vehicle dynamics and handling was average. I spent far too much of my childhood playing Gran Turismo 1 (the graphics were truly excellent back then), one day a PS2 arrived and I was glued to Gran Turismo 3 (the graphics were almost real back then). Once I got my first real life car, I didn't go back to gaming, and there started my long and expensive history of car ownership.

I could never drive that well on the sims, I can't drive for shit in real life now. Maybe it was more realistic than I thought....... :unsure:

It's a nice cheap hobby though, gaming. I wish I could go back to it with some kind of enthusiasm like a lot of my peers have, but I just can't get "into" it for some reason.
Hahah that's awesome dude, I could only find 1 other write up on here about sim racing, so I thought I'd make it 2... Favorite racing games has a dope video of this guy doing a crazy run on Richard Burns rally

Kind of a cool thing I've noticed, bunch of 3kgt owners fell in love with the car on the GT games as a kid then went and bought them as adults.

When I was younger I had NFS Shift 2 & NFS The Run on PC but didn't really play them that much, never had a console for games like Forza, really only played PC FPS games then. I got into racing games when I got my wheel in 6th grade 2016 and a copy of Assetto Corsa on pc, I was a huge Initial D and drifting fan back then so all I wanted to do was learn how to drift like Takumi Fujiwara haha Between 6th and 8th grade I played almost 500 hours of Assetto before my wheel broke and I couldn't figure out how to fix it and kinda gave up

Fast forward to now a couple years later, decided to go and grab the wheel out of the basement and tear into it, I thought the PSU went bad, but turned out to just be a poor connection on this controller thing that signals the PSU to turn on and off when plugged into the computer... Fixed the connection and thing turned right on, took me all of 15 mins, took the 1 hand drift video above right after I fixed it at 2am haha

Sims now are pretty dang good, last year in december right when I got my license I was driving in my moms old Yaris in heavy rain, went around a corner braking a bit, rear brakes on that car barely work so I suppose that threw the balance off and made the rear try and overtake the front... Thing went pretty sideways lmao, muscle memory from sliding kicked in and I was able to save it and prevent myself from going off the mountain backwards, wish there was someway that could have been recorded hahah

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow games are getting pretty realistic
Pretty cool how they set up all the tire models and vehicle handling for sims, I've never drifted irl but the wheel sentations for cars at the limit in grip are pretty realistic, makes it lot of fun for practicing different driving techniques

· Registered
1994 Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
303 Posts
Are you on Gran Turismo 7 at all?

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you on Gran Turismo 7 at all?
I never really got into the Gran Turismo games or really got to try them, just too young ig, I was pretty much born when Gran Turismo 4 came out lmao

· Registered
1994 Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
303 Posts
I never really got into the Gran Turismo games or really got to try them, just too young ig, I was pretty much born when Gran Turismo 4 came out lmao
Lol. All good. That is my main game I play. After all, it is the "Real Racing Simulator."

However, I do like some of the other games like AC, Forza, for customizability - they just lack the realism for me in that aspect of competition.

Feel free to add me on Steam (whenever I get home, I don't know my name/friend code off the top of my head.)

Reactions: LionsTheBoss

· Administrator
35,010 Posts
You need to go back and play Gran Turismo 1. The GTO is absolutely killer in that game when modded - one of the fastest cars in the game. It's the reason many 3SI members bought their cars in the first place!

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol. All good. That is my main game I play. After all, it is the "Real Racing Simulator."

However, I do like some of the other games like AC, Forza, for customizability - they just lack the realism for me in that aspect of competition.

Feel free to add me on Steam (whenever I get home, I don't know my name/friend code off the top of my head.)
Haha hell ye dude, very down to hop on some Assetto Corsa whenever, I also got Dirt Rally 2 and a couple others

Steam username is LionsTheBoss, friend code 189681027

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need to go back and play Gran Turismo 1. The GTO is absolutely killer in that game when modded - one of the fastest cars in the game. It's the reason many 3SI members bought their cars in the first place!
Found this out, you can emulate a PS1 on your computer and play all the PS1 games like Gran Turismo, will def have to try that at some point, pretty sure its free too

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah yes, ePSXe is it? I think I've still got an old PS1 controller and USB adapter floating around here.
Yeahh that's it, gonna have to give it a try at some point

· Registered
567 Posts
Have you guys tried the new upscaling emulators/plugins, a few months ago I got a youtube recommendation about this emulator and I was a bit skeptical about it but it really makes PS1 gaming enjoyable with current displays:

Reactions: LionsTheBoss

· Registered
18yr Revived 95' VR4
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you guys tried the new upscaling emulators/plugins, a few months ago I got a youtube recommendation about this emulator and I was a bit skeptical about it but it really makes PS1 gaming enjoyable with current displays:

Haven't tried it, AI upscaling is crazy advanced now tho, this video is most likely uses a different method but check out Nvidia DLSS 2.0 showcases, what they can do now is nuts

Idk if anyone else on here is into Hendrix & SRV stuff, I'm a guitar player so being able to take what was a really crap quality 80s tape & convincingly upscale to "4K" is awesome for watching fingers and teaching myself licks & techniques from the greats

1 - 16 of 16 Posts