Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Pity, Bamberg is a little too far away for a meeting...I´m close to the Danish border.
About the bumper, sounds interesting to me ... what would that cost?
Could be also a used on as long as he is in a good shape.

·
U.S. Army Retired
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pity, Bamberg is a little too far away for a meeting...I´m close to the Danish border.
About the bumper, sounds interesting to me ... what would that cost?
Could be also a used on as long as he is in a good shape.
Do you have a German cell# mine is 01735132970 let me call a friend back in NC and see if he has on last time I checked he had a pearl white one. How much are you looking to spend you would have to come pick it up or meet me half way.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I'm in Germany, in the Kaiserslautern area. I owned a 3/S for a long time but sold it prior to being stationed here. I see a Stealth RT/TT on base occasionally and a red first gen VR4. Not many GTO's running around here, occasionally I see n/a models for sale. I want to buy another TT but shipping it back would be a pain in the ass. It's 25 years or older that don't have restrictions, you will have a hard time trying to ship one newer than that back.

·
Registered
433 Posts
BUMP!
Headed to Germany and will be there for 4 years. Any current activity up there for our cars? We’ll be at Ramstein. My lifted truck and Yukon XL Denali can’t make the trip over, so I’m thinking about having the 3S shipped.

any AD members around?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Make sure your 3/S is ready for the European inspection. I worked in Vogelweh [close to Ramstein but not on the main base]. Also, make sure you have either all season tires [with the snowflake symbol on them] or actual winter tires. Parts are going to be a pain in the ass so make sure your brakes are good, all your blinkers/lights work, horn and I think that should be it unless they check your tailpipe. If you fail your inspection then no big deal, they give you 30 days to fix whichever issues that were on the inspection sheet. Anyway, let me know if you got questions about Ramstein. I spent almost 6 years there as AD.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Make sure your 3/S is ready for the European inspection. I worked in Vogelweh [close to Ramstein but not on the main base]. Also, make sure you have either all season tires [with the snowflake symbol on them] or actual winter tires. Parts are going to be a pain in the ass so make sure your brakes are good, all your blinkers/lights work, horn and I think that should be it unless they check your tailpipe. If you fail your inspection then no big deal, they give you 30 days to fix whichever issues that were on the inspection sheet. Anyway, let me know if you got questions about Ramstein. I spent almost 6 years there as AD.
Thank you so much! I got a lot of things fixed when we were in Texas. The only thing I really want to fix now is the Valve Stem Seals. Blowing smoke out the back. Other then that I can replace the front hub assemblies just because most likely they are stock still. I will get new tires as well. We aren’t supposed to leave till around August. But I can feel the heat coming down especially since I have to figure out what I’m going to do with out there rigs.

If you think of anything else lease let me know. Or if you know of or remember any god shops for our cars up there I’d appreciate that info as well Incase anything goes wrong with inspection or just maintenance.

how important is it to learn some of the native language you think?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Thank you so much! I got a lot of things fixed when we were in Texas. The only thing I really want to fix now is the Valve Stem Seals. Blowing smoke out the back. Other then that I can replace the front hub assemblies just because most likely they are stock still. I will get new tires as well. We aren’t supposed to leave till around August. But I can feel the heat coming down especially since I have to figure out what I’m going to do with out there rigs.

If you think of anything else lease let me know. Or if you know of or remember any god shops for our cars up there I’d appreciate that info as well Incase anything goes wrong with inspection or just maintenance.

how important is it to learn some of the native language you think?
I would HIGHLY suggest you fix ALL of the issue prior to shipping the car. Reason I say this is because shops out there are super expensive [Euro to Dollars conversion] and parts are hard to come by. The German mechanics can work on your car but it can get super expensive and if they need to ship parts, or if you need to buy parts and have them shipped over via APO, it could take weeks. Honestly, bringing the 3/S to Europe is awesome because you don't have any speed limits on certain areas of the Autobahn, but keep in mind that if you breakdown or need to get your car tuned, it can get a little difficult. There is a shop near Vogelweh that every one goes to, can't remember the name of it but it near the Coca Cola factory in Einsiedlerhof. You will know once you get to Germany.

Learning Deutsche is a plus but if you stay in the local area, almost EVERY German person you will come across will know English aside from the elderly. The Germans really appreciate it and are very polite/willing to help if you put in some effort into knowing their language. Even a simple "Sprechen zi English?" (sorry my spelling is screwed) would be a nice gesture. There's so much to tell you but you will learn as you get there. Where in Texas are you? I'm in San Antonio.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I would HIGHLY suggest you fix ALL of the issue prior to shipping the car. Reason I say this is because shops out there are super expensive [Euro to Dollars conversion] and parts are hard to come by. The German mechanics can work on your car but it can get super expensive and if they need to ship parts, or if you need to buy parts and have them shipped over via APO, it could take weeks. Honestly, bringing the 3/S to Europe is awesome because you don't have any speed limits on certain areas of the Autobahn, but keep in mind that if you breakdown or need to get your car tuned, it can get a little difficult. There is a shop near Vogelweh that every one goes to, can't remember the name of it but it near the Coca Cola factory in Einsiedlerhof. You will know once you get to Germany.

Learning Deutsche is a plus but if you stay in the local area, almost EVERY German person you will come across will know English aside from the elderly. The Germans really appreciate it and are very polite/willing to help if you put in some effort into knowing their language. Even a simple "Sprechen zi English?" (sorry my spelling is screwed) would be a nice gesture. There's so much to tell you but you will learn as you get there. Where in Texas are you? I'm in San Antonio.
We were in San Antonio till 15’. Got orders to Aviano, but got changed to Mountain Home here in Idaho. We’ve been here 4 years and wife is gearing up for Air Evacuating training, which will take us to Germany.

I better start learning what I can about the language then.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts