Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
U.S. Army Retired
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm in Zurich. I still need to import my clunker though.
I was going down there on saturday maybe if I can get the train thing down lol.
I found a local former solider who imports Jspecs to germany who I have been trading emails with I can give you his number if you want.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I'm traveling at the moment, but I need to get it done ASAP. Could you PM me his email address and phone just in case?

I love that you can take trains everywhere, but I've found it's usually the same cost or less to rent a car if it is round-trip. Just don't forget to cruise at 120kmh once you get in Switzerland ;)

·
U.S. Army Retired
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You got any leads on a GTO I had an email from a guy that says he imports them from japan but he can't seem to find any within my price range.
I haven't got my USERA DL yet so no driving for me yet just trains and buses.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just picked it up over the weekend, it's a red 3000GT 6 speed twin turbo model. RHD. I'll let it go for 5250 euro.
I was going to convert it 'back' to LHD, and I'm already starting on the conversion by disassembling a LHD non turbo donor I also bought.
Will post some pics tomorrow, when I got the opportunity to make some.

·
Registered
65 Posts
5250 euro to buy me a new one that I can convert to LHD. I bought this car originally to convert to LHD. Let me know if you're interested.
btw, why cant you export to the states? I dont see the problem

·
Amsterdamn
4,036 Posts
LHD is not accepted in the US at customs.

These military guys can ship their own cars over though, but will have to convert them to european standards. (TUV/RDW eisen)

Thanks for ignoring me BTW Arnout.

·
U.S. Army Retired
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
5250 euro to buy me a new one that I can convert to LHD. I bought this car originally to convert to LHD. Let me know if you're interested.
btw, why cant you export to the states? I dont see the problem
It's to new by the time I leave germany it has to be 20 years old for me to register it in Florida because it's a Jspec RHD. Let me talk to the wife I might jump on this I was really looking for a N/A but for the money it's not to bad

·
U.S. Army Retired
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LHD is not accepted in the US at customs.

These military guys can ship their own cars over though, but will have to convert them to european standards. (TUV/RDW eisen)

Thanks for ignoring me BTW Arnout.
You are kinda right, we get a pass on most things like the side marker blinkers. But they usely don't screw with the US spec cars driven by military we have a diffrent inspection and type of plate and licsense.

·
Registered
49 Posts
First of all, hi guys
The advantage in Germany is that the Cops don't have much experience with this kind of cars, meaning if they stop you, you can tell them almost every bullshit. My ,,Fat Lady,, is to 80% illegal (they ask all kinds of documents for mod.parts, I don´t have mod.parts &doc´s...it´s stock ;) ) and since almost 4 years I had never problems. My old Civic Coupe they´ve catched almost every week cause they know it. You know what I´m talking about?! ;)

cheers Steve

·
U.S. Army Retired
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First of all, hi guys
The advantage in Germany is that the Cops don't have much experience with this kind of cars, meaning if they stop you, you can tell them almost every bullshit. My ,,Fat Lady,, is to 80% illegal and since almost 4 years I had never problems. My old Civic Coupe they´ve catched almost every week cause they know it. You know what I´m talking about?! ;)

cheers Steve
I hope they don't give me a hard time about my Alitma Hybrid it came from the factory with SUPER dark tint in the back windows. I passed the drivers test so now the hunt is on for a GTO or FTO

·
Registered
49 Posts
Altima? That´s the Nissan Sedan isn´t it?!
However, I don't think so because it's factory built. Don't worry... ;)
btw. where do you live in Germany?

Your Stealth look nice...I would almost kill for the Rear Bumper ...lol... I try already since years to get one ;/

·
U.S. Army Retired
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Altima? That´s the Nissan Sedan isn´t it?!
However, I don't think so because it's factory built. Don't worry... ;)
btw. where do you live in Germany?

Your Stealth look nice...I would almost kill for the Rear Bumper ...lol... I try already since years to get one ;/
Im in Bamberg area I can get you a bumper and have it shipped to me it is way cheaper then if you try to get one shipped directly to you in germany since I can get USPS like a state side address. I have a true 96 R/T sitting in PA waiting on me to come home.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts