Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a quote from them not too long ago and their preimum is several hundred dollars less than my current one! I'm wondering if anyone else's have same experience.

·
vice prez: TPW
8,091 Posts
I'm under my Dad's account for them. But they rape me for full coverage. Then again I am only 19 but still. I got hit by a deer while I was at a red light, and one speeding ticket (that I did defensive driving, community service, and I had to pay $180) and my rates went up $750 a year!!!!:eek: so now, I no longer have full coverage:(
-John

·
Registered
557 Posts
J-Groove said:
I'm under my Dad's account for them. But they rape me for full coverage. Then again I am only 19 but still. I got hit by a deer while I was at a red light, and one speeding ticket (that I did defensive driving, community service, and I had to pay $180) and my rates went up $750 a year!!!!:eek: so now, I no longer have full coverage:(
-John
Shit,19 with a 3000gt,just be glad you HAVE insurance!:D

·
1 of 1
3,476 Posts
J-groove can u explain me how u got hit by a deer at a red light? were you at a stop and a deer ran right into u?

im also 19, so insurance+tuition+bills+mods = a educated bum driving a nice GT hehe

·
8,091 Posts
yeah the deer thing was over a year ago, it was the summer before my freshman year. So I am comming back from my GF house with my friend and I am on the street I live on (Hunters Chase Dr.), I have lived there for 8 years at the time and had never seen a deer. I stop at the red light on the corner of HC and Pond Springs. My friend goes "um, dude" Me, "SHIT!"This huge deer broadsides the passenger side cornerpanel. Ruined that, tore off part of the side groundeffects, dents the hood, and sprayes blood up on the windshield. The thing commited suicide. My friend and I just sat there with our jaws wide open, it was the wierdest thing, I honestly wanted to laugh but I love my car to much, my friend laughed though. So I got out of the car, my friend tried to open the door but coulden't due to the damage, I told him not to try just to crawl over and come out my side. The thing was dead, I got a camera out of my glove compartment and took some pictures. It was over $2,000 worth of damage, $500 came out of my pocket (deductable) And since the deer didn't have any insurance, mine went up. Sorry for the long post, but it was one of the wierdest things.
-John

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I can't find any better...

USAA kicked the crap out of everyone else that I could find. Even my wife's father is an Insurance Salesman and he could not touch them...

Great to work with and they pay me money at the end of the year if they had a good year:cool: !!! Now try to find a insurance company that pays you money back, great coverage all around, and no one can out quote them...:confused:

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
I use USAA for my house, and car insurance, credit card, mortgage, and car loan. :D

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I have USAA for my house and had them for my car but Geico gave me better rates. If Geico F's with me that's who I am going back to in a heart beat. Very good company, good to deal with had them for many years just switched to save a few bucks.

I have heard bad things about Geico, but the way I look at is if you don't have a claim it really doesn't matter whom you get insurance from. And I got a lot of discounts with Geico through the Pentagon Credit Union and maybe one from NFCU too. I think I have like 6 discounts with Geico.

But I have only heard very good things about USAA, and from what I have found they treated me very well.

My 2 cents.

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
www.usaa-sucks.com :eek:

If the insurance company doesn't pay when something happens, what use is their lower rate? J-Groove, when you had your deer incident (LMAO-sorry) did you have any problems collecting?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
billvp said:

If the insurance company doesn't pay when something happens, what use is their lower rate? J-Groove, when you had your deer incident (LMAO-sorry) did you have any problems collecting?
I went to their website. If a pipe bursts in an apartment, shouldn't the landlord be liable for it? I read this policy and it was for homeowners insurance. How can he insure something that he doesn't own?

One more thing, on his policy, under personal property, it says "Limit of liability: 5,200".

He sounds like he's a sore loser who blames everything on his lawyers instead of the merits of the case.

·
8,091 Posts
billvp

Actually I had the car in a shop with USAA paying for it in less then a week. I was very happy. The funny thing was before I took the car into the shop I still drove her to work, people woudl ask "What happened?" "a deer hit my car" "You hit a deer?" "No, see how there is no damage to the front of my car, the damn thing hit me!" I have been very happy with them, and I can see why my rates went up, I just wish that they didn't.
-John

·
Registered
557 Posts
billvp said:

you are probably just jealous you cant get a policy with them.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If you live in an area with Erie Insurance, give them a call, I know most of PA,OH has them. I am 19, and have full coverage on my car (500$ deductable) for 1525$/year. Not bad at all. Agent said if it wasnt TT, it would of been 350$ less.

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
I have them now . . was with Allstate . . saved 100.00 a year by switching. I pay 1,100 for full coverage for the full year on the TT, but rates vary from person to person, situation to situation.

I believe that you have to be related to someone who is ( or was ) in the Military to join with them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts