1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Money pit owner.
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I did it last year. I drove the gallardo which I would not recommend. The interior was very cheap and the car was slow (to my standards). If I remember right I got it up to 131 or 134 mph on the straight away. My buddy drove the huracan and loved it but was too afraid to go all out. Experience wise it was super fun regardless as you get to drive an exotic car just to get the feel of how they really are. The instructors are very good and will help you do the best you can. You get to abuse the cars. I also added on the drift ride along. That I found the most entertaining. The driver does it for a living and was very cool. They take you out in a gt500. If I were to go back I'd prob drive the porsche gt2 or 3 forgot which they had looked and sounded badass.

Beware if you go during the summer when it's over 100 if you plan to drive the z06 you may not get to. They said it overheated every day and always had issues with it.

Attached pic is of their stable of cars from my trip.

Attachments

·
Money pit owner.
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good! I'm going in March, so i don't think it will be to hot. I was hoping to actually try a late model viper, but they don't have one. The lambo they advertise is the huracan.

Do they send along someone as a passenger? I cannot imagine they allow you on the track alone. I'd be ok having someone that knows the cars/track along providing advice.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
And to add to it all the other patrons there really enjoyed themselves if that says anything. If there are a decent amount of people there you may have a wait for your car. If so they have a nice viewing deck on the 2nd floor you can see the whole track from.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Yea they didn't have a viper otherwise I would've done that too. March will be good, weather will be perfect. They had 2 gallardo and 1 huracan.

Yes they have an instructor that goes out with you in the passenger seat. Pretty sure they had a break pedal like on a driver's ed car just in case. They tell you the proper and fastest way to drive the track. They also let you know when you need to slow down and how hard to hit the brakes. They know the limits of the cars so they'll get you around the track the fastest you can while being safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts