Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Always needing parts...
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have around the Columbus area have tactrix openport that would be willing to help me tune a Chrome ECU? I'm thinking I might be buying a Chrome ECU next week, but the tactrix is going to have to wait due to funds. My car is mostly stock except gutted/deleted cats and I plan to throw in my 550CC fuel injectors when I put the ECU on. I've never tuned an ECU, so hopefully whoever may have one can lend me their knowledge and a hand if possible.

I probably won't have the ECU until next week, so it isn't a huge rush.

I also don't mind paying for your time helping me out, so just let me know!

·
King of the castle
868 Posts
550cc inj is not needed for 9b's. Whats the reason for this?

·
King of the castle
868 Posts
Not if the tune is done right. You could have into timing issues by increasing the injector size with out adding any power

·
King of the castle
868 Posts
Example: (fictional made up #'s)
Lets say a Hz number of 2600Hz is enough to max the stock injectors. We'll say 20 degrees of timing is correct here. ~16 PSI from 9b's.
Now we put in injectors that are 20% bigger than stock, and an SAFC, and change NOTHING else. To get the right amount of fuel you will need to tell the ECU it's only getting 2080Hz of air. The ECU gives the right timing for that HZ count, say 24 degrees. But your still running 16PSI from your 9b's... too much timing for these conditions.

·
Always needing parts...
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Makes sense. I'm really not even sure if I'll install the 550cc's until the winter when I put the build block and 15G's in it anyway, but I know I want to get a chrome ECU before that and give it a better tune than stock if possible. I am pretty sure my ECU is on its way out the door anyway, so it is probably necessary.

17,431 Posts
I'm confused by this thread, are we talking about using a Chrome ecu here or the SAFC? With chrome there is no downside to using a 550cc class size injector.

·
King of the castle
868 Posts
I'm confused by this thread, are we talking about using a Chrome ecu here or the SAFC? With chrome there is no downside to using a 550cc class size injector.
It was just a quick example. Of a possible problem.

·
Spd Kills your bank acc.
1,148 Posts
You might want to at least include a fuel pump when adding the injectors. the stock pump won't keep up with them.

Other than that, as Gump said you shouldn't run into timing issues when using Chrome. And only other upside is you'll be able to max out the 9bs and still have a lot of room for fuel.

·
King of the castle
868 Posts
I need to refresh my memory then..... sorry about that example

·
King of the castle
868 Posts
Chrome will have to wait another week or two, but yeah I am planning on getting a better hot wired fuel pump very soon as well.
I have a extra fuel pump. It's an Aeromotive 340lph

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have been working on my tune as well, using Chrome, 15gs. We should get together sometime and compare. Im on the east side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts