Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
I had those tires and I think they are crap! I had 2 separate P7000 SuperSports burst their sidewalls (at first it bubbled up) and I was told there was no manufacturers warranty on them -- purchased at Sears. The Dunlop 9000 is pricier but handles better and has a nicer looking tread design. I don't know about the sizes.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Don't get the P7000 SuperSports just because of the brand name. The price is lower for a reason. You get what you pay for. If you want serious performance, the P7000 summer tire is the way to go. I have 265s and they fit just fine. These are the best tires I've had so far (and I've had 6 sets before these).

·
3,802 Posts
I've had the P7000 SS on for a week and they are great, no problems at all. and they are a hundred times better than the Firestone Firehawk VT's that were on there before. I have 245/50/ 16's on my 1992 3000GT SL with no problem, but I don't know if I could get any bigger. As far as Dunlops go, I wouldn't get them. I thought about it, but I have a friend who has had a couple of times that his Dunlops weren't riding right so he took them back. They said that they weren't perfectly round, and Dunlop is the only company who doesn't guarantee the roundness of their tires, so he was screwed.
Hope this helped.
Later,
Player

S

·
0 Posts
I've had Pirelli P7000SS for 2 years. I noticed a LOT of road wander after installing them. The previous ones were Goodyear Gaterbacks and didn't give me any road wander. I don't know if this problem is related to the tires or not. I've had a 4 Wheel alignment done with no improvement and my mechanic has checked the tie rods and they look fine. So when I install my next set of tires, I'll compare the feel. If the road wander goes away, then I know its the tires.

V

·
0 Posts
I also had some road wander while driving on old Michelins XGT-Z's. Since I changed the fronts to Gatorbacks, the wander went away. Maybe its just the difference between old shallow tread vs newer deeper (more flex).

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you have a Twin Turbo, I would encourage you to go with Firestone Firehawks. I have heard nothing but rave reviews from the guys in the club who have them on their cars. They wear well and they are great performance tires in wet or dry conditions. I know the name brand isn't fancy schmancy, but I am not buying an image, I am buying tires that I am entrusting my life to when I take that 35mph curve at 75. When my original Good Years give up the ghost, that is what is going on my 1993 Stealth Twin Turbo.
Jerry Scolamiero

·
3,802 Posts
I too have noticed some road wander with my new Pirelli's, I thought it was just me. Besides that, I love them. They are ten times better than the Firestone Firehawk VT's that were on there before.
Player

1 - 8 of 8 Posts