Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent 30 minutes searching and only found ONE post even slightly mentioning how to do this.

I know that the best thing to do is go to an H4 conversion but I don't have the $$ for that right now so I need to know how to change the bulbs.

Here's all I found:
I've replaced my headlamps but not the fogs. I ended up finding out how to change them from a guy's webpage in Australia; unfortunately, I don't remember the site. What you have to do is remove 3 screws from the outer black plastic shell, in addition to a plastic pop rivet. That pop rivet was a pain in the ass until I realized you have to squeeze/pinch the tip from inside in order to get it out (they are located toward the radiator side of each light. Sliding that plastic shell down you can continue without removing it. After that you have to reach inside and unplug the bad bulb from behind. Then you remove the 4 screws from the steel bulb frame (you can get away with removing only the top 2, the frame bends easily. These screws strip easily, so be careful!).
Here's what I'm asking for... first of all anyone who knows of a step-by-step (shame on you Jeff L., you have a 1st gen and this is missing? LOL J/K) please point me to it. Second, anyone who can add to the above instructions PLEASE do.

I'm going to go ahead and do some pics when I do mine, and do a step-by-step (unless someone else has one already). I'll make it available to Jeff and whoever, as well as on my website.

BUT LET ME KNOW IF THERE'S ALREADY ONE??!?!?

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
take a look at

http://www.autooptiks.com/front.htm

i just installed the headlamp kit and H4 ultrawhite. still need to see how they work but it was easy and cheap. i'm ordering H3 fog bulbs right now.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, Brian, you're right. Matter of fact I was just thinking about following up on this post. Man I feel stupid now. It was like a 10 minute job.

What I was mainly concerned about was turning the wrong screws and messing up the alignment.

It's so easy I'm not gonna bother doing instructions, the sites above are plenty good.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts