Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
I got a Ram intake, but I'm N/A. If you have a VR-4 though, all you can really do is a CAI. Ram air would be blocked by the turbos long before it ever did any good. Also, the turbos will heat any air that goes into them, so I'm not even sure how much a CAI would help.

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
could be. A CAI might help a little bit, I suppose, since the turbos would be getting colder air to start with.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Supermac makes a box. It has yet to be tested out to work for sure though.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yah cause i would think a CAI would be one of the most effective things on a turbo car. because it sucks in more air, wouldn't it be a lot better if that air was colder?

·
Native
3,894 Posts
it would, sort of, because the turbos heat up the air substantially. I think that the only reason I notice a difference between pulling in 90 degree air vs. 40 degree air (pocketlogger confirmed) is because this same air is outside of the car cooling the intercoolers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
oh and all cars would run better at night for the sole reason is that its cooler air so the air is more dense. Which just means there are more aire molecules meaning there is more oxygen.

cooler air intake,no sun to heat anything up ....etc etc

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
All cars like cold air ... but turbo cars get the added bonus of better intercooler efficiency and therefore significantly more power.

·
Now BOOSTED
926 Posts
I have the Supermac intake wall. There is a definite drop in temperature I used a IR temp gun and found as much as 40 degrees difference on some points. I'm working on a way to get cold air to mine.

Here is a link to a post by DOCRADLEY on it, he used a temp probe to measure differences.

http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98972

Here is a picture of it installed in my car.

·
Head of Society of Bob
3,889 Posts
do a search on "supermac cold air wall" it should bring up some posts of his. I forget his website, but it costs $50 for the wall and $75 for the wall and a filter, I think.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts