Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lost the dam key.....blew a tire.....and cant get rim off without key for wheel lock? Anyone ever have to order a replacement?

Thanks in advance for help!

·
Lord of Eagle's Reach
1,511 Posts
go buy a pipe with an inner diameter just a skoche smaller than the outer diameter of the wheel lock. take large hammer and hammer the pipe onto the wheel lock. use a pipe wrench to turn the damn thing off. go buy a new normal lug nut. (maybe that should be step one :))
Matt

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
you could TRY... but doubt itll happen.

Take a 4 way, beat it onto the wheel lock and pull it off, go buy a new set of wheel locks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I bought my replacement from the dealership for like $15. The dumbasses at Discount Tire lost mine when I had my 16's put on for the winter.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the tips guys!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
if all else fails get a old socket that fits it and hammer it onto the wheel lock then take it off with a rachet

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
There are 10 different locking lugs used by Mitsu (and I assume Dodge) all manufactured by McGuard (sp??). They code them by color, calling one shape black, one yellow, etc. The dealer has a master set. If you can figure out which one you need, you can call McGuard direct (search for them on this board, not sure of the spelling, there number has been listed before). You can get the lug through the dealer for about 15 bux, or about 10 going direct. The tough part will be figuring out which one you need, who knows, maybe you can talk the dealer out of their master set for an hour to bring to your house, since you obviously can't drive the car there with a flat...

Good Luck,
hal

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
>The dealer has a master set

Be warned, though:

I once had trouble removing one of my lock nuts, because the key was starting to slip inside the nut, and would not grasp it firmly enough to torque the damn thing off.

I took it to the Dodge dealer, who whipped out his master set of keys, and none of them fit. D'oh.

Fortunately for me, the answer was to use his air gun with my key. I took off all 4 nuts and replaced them with normal ones.

It was mentioned above - do you no longer have the paperwork that came with the nuts? It will tell you who to phone, and what the magic serial number is to give them.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I found the package that was suppose to have the key for the Locks. The guy I had bought the car from....never even opened the package....thus he hadnt ordered the KEY yet! lol

SO I called and ordered one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.