Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Anyone ever had a car built by a shop?

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Turbo Beast 
#1 ·
Guys,

I’m looking to drop off my car at a shop to get it finished.
I just don’t have enough time to get it done.

Any insight on this process? Do they quote you ahead of time when you drop it off?

I need a good cage, another transmission, suspension dailed in and a paint job.

Looking to learn what process I can expect when dealing with a shop.

#2 ·
Honestly, I've gone through all that bs before. The BEST way to go about it is to go to 3 or 4 different shops that ONLY do the one of things you want. Paint go to a paint shop, transmission, go to a transmission place. etc.. You go to a one stop do all, and they'll take forever bouncing around from project to project.

#3 ·
Mark (duTTch) can tell you about having everything done at one place.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I would recommend the shop abroad, much quicker turn around time, superior quality of works compare to local shops, cheaper hourly rate and the most of them are one stop shop to finish the whole car including paint and upholstery

#5 ·
Is it your Monte Carlo SS you are trying to get finished up? If so, you have more options than a 3s vehicle.

Generally speaking, you can expect to pay $80 per hour for fab and mechanical work. Paint and Body work is usually done by a Paint and Body Shop as suggested. You need to think of a minimum of $6 k if only final prep, prime and paint is needed.

Markoverclock (Mark Shartzer) of OC Customs in Houston, TX can do the cage and mechanical work. Mark is a one man band so don't expect a quick turnaround.

OC Customs
8825 Solon Rd.
Suite H3
Houston, TX 77064

Email: mark@oc-customs.com

Phone: (281)825-8832

Good luck,

Marshall

#7 ·
I'd check on yellowbullet for recommendations.

#12 ·
Do you want traffic and dipshits or good discussion?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.