Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my expirence in TRYING to purchase probably the best VR-4 on the market, this is the letter I sent to [email protected]

I still want the car, it was perfect in most every way... and the paint was amazing... I TRULY Love that car, but by the time I get another loan, it will probably be gone! :( :mad:
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I took this loan thinking it will be smooth with no problems, so earlier today, i drove 6.5 hours to Ney York where I intended to purchase my new car. When I get there, everythign goes well, then we go to MBE. They say they do not process your loans and then send us to another location in hopes of closing the deal. When we get there, they inform us that they do no have a notery and can not process the loan. At this point none of us are very happy, as the time is approching 2:30 EST Saturday. The seller locates a notery that can do it for us, but they are unavailable until 3:45EST, after your office is closed. We have MBE Call your office to ask that you stay open a little longer, and then the seller gets on the phone... the lady that was dealing with us had no reguard for our situation, and would not stay open. After all of this, I find that we drove 380 miles from Detroit for NOTHING and that we have another 380 mile drive back and have NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT!! This loan was the biggest JOKE i have ever seen and will NOT recommend it to anyone. I WASTED 14 hours on the road today, not to mention Customs at the Canada-US Border! I hope that you can do somethign to prevent this from happening to someone else!

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
I took out a loan for my VR4. I told them I need how much and they send me a check next day. I just had to sign the check over to the dealer and call People First to give them the dealer ID# and what car I got.. it was simple for me. Sorry that you had a hard time.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Sorry to hear that bud!:( I bet you were aggravated! I would be too. I have a similar story except it involves "cookies"!:D

I LOVE Subways Chocolate Chip cookies.... I crave them sometimes because I try not to make cookies at home for the fact of gaining more weight than I already have..:( Anyways, I went to my local Subway one day(I go there so much they start making the sandwich when they see me pull up:D) and get to the cash register about to pay and look down only to realize, they are OUT of "chocolate chip" cookies. I was about to panic!!:eek: I told them to keep them prepared because I come in a lot and give them TONS of business. Well, it turned out that some dumbass Subway "choco chip" craver like myself came in and bought about 20 cookies; so he bought all they had.:mad: :mad:

Well, I get other Subway locations and drive over to the first one only to find out that they too had been cleaned out by another "choco chip" craver. Is was freakin IRRATE by this time! I drove to yet another location and finally found 3 available! I was so happy that I forgot to pay and tried to hurry out the door until I heard a stearn voice say, "are you going to pay for those?" Embarassed, I turned around and told her my dilema and she laughed!:D I got home and was happy I found my cookies, but upset because during all the running around my "pepsi" was all watered down.:(

P.S. I didn't have the VR4 then so I couldn't move as fast in the "base".......LOL!!:D

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Purchasing from a dealer is a little different than from a private party, you didn't have to go to Mail Boxes Etc and attempt to have anythign noterized

·
Here Alot
2,366 Posts
Ok what does that have to do with PeopleFirst loan? I am glad at least you got your cookies... got to have it

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1,107 Posts
I have a loan through PeopleFirst and a ridiculous interest rate because my credit is pure crap. But I drove 1800 miles each way to go pick up my VR-4 and the transaction went smoothly.

Just wizh the damn insurance went as smoothly though.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
MattRed3000GT said:
Ok what does that have to do with PeopleFirst loan? I am glad at least you got your cookies... got to have it
GEEZ! can't you read between the lines?:confused: I was making a similarity with him having to run around the damn city!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Ryououki said:
I have a loan through PeopleFirst and a ridiculous interest rate because my credit is pure crap. But I drove 1800 miles each way to go pick up my VR-4 and the transaction went smoothly.

Just wizh the damn insurance went as smoothly though.
What interest rate if I may ask? I think mine was 7.5% +/- 1/10 %

I had to have my dad co-sign for me because the credit consolidation company I was with made my credit worse......:mad: My dad is good friends with the loan manager so it wasn't a problem.;)

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1,107 Posts
TFXP-Zeke01 said:

What interest rate if I may ask? I think mine was 7.5% +/- 1/10 %
Heheh. My interest rate is 18.99% on a $23,400 loan on a 4 year plan. I'll be poor as hella till I pay it off in about 4 years.

·
Registered
281 Posts
APR rate

What is the going APR on a used car loan opposed to a personal loan for someone with good credit? Would it be any lower for someone with excellent and I do mean excellent credit?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Well, my 7.x% is the lowest they could give given the year or the car and loan value. Like I said, my dad is good friends with her so even though my credit isn't rock solid, she gave me a hella deal. I got mine G.E.(General Electric) credit union here in Cincy, OH. I think the average car loan is around 8.x % at most banks..

When I got my 97 base back in 1999, I had 6.x % ,but it was in my dad's name.....;) This time it's in my name!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I figured with the economy hurting like it is that maybe used car loan APRs would be down. I see all the ads for 0% APR on all these new cars. I thought that normally used car loans are around 9.9% or so...I could be wrong. But if that is the normal rate than it does appear that the APR is down due to the economy. Is the APR on a personal loan lower than a used car loan?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
unvme9180 said:
I figured with the economy hurting like it is that maybe used car loan APRs would be down. I see all the ads for 0% APR on all these new cars. I thought that normally used car loans are around 9.9% or so...I could be wrong. But if that is the normal rate than it does appear that the APR is down due to the economy. Is the APR on a personal loan lower than a used car loan?
HMM! I don't know being that I haven't got many loans in my life. But I always thought seeing banks at around 8.5% on car loans and dealership financing at around the 9.9% mark.

I have no earthly clue about peronal loans. I would think they would be lower from common sense, but who knows. I could be way off. I save my money and don't get loans unless for a vehicle or something big that would take me forever to save up.

Debt=BAD....:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts