Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to start getting some of my mods shortly. Hopefully around Christmas time! I've talked to "tim3kgt" a couple times, but can't ever seem to make it down to see his shop; for being to busy. I don't know if he'll be able to help me or not, so I was wanting to, in case he wouldn't be able to, find someone around Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky to help me/show me how. I was going to start out with Intake, EBC, pillar and gauges. I'll have to wait a bit on the cat back system because of funds. But I have a buddy that owns a muffler shop that can help me with that, so that wouldn't be a problem. It's just the other stuff that I'd need help on.

I'd be willing to pay also, but I'd like to get my hands dirty so I could learn myself; since I'm not very mechanically skilled....:D This would give me a chance to meet one of you and learn some things about my car that I doubt I could learn myself. If you drink, I'll supply the beer!;)

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
Hmm. Looked at your mod order. From personal experience with my 97, the downpipe made the car sound so horrible that I was forced into a new cat back. Just something to consider before you go bolting one up.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
omnip_1 said:
Hmm. Looked at your mod order. From personal experience with my 97, the downpipe made the car sound so horrible that I was forced into a new cat back. Just something to consider before you go bolting one up.
hehe!;) That's not the order that I'm getting them. That's just what I plan on getting, but not in that "1-5" order. I'll start with the Intake, boost contoller, cat back and then the downpipe and fuel pump. Thanks for the tip though because I wouldn't have known that if I was planning on putting the downpipe on secondly....;)

·
Registered
578 Posts
if you bring it to kansas city i will help you do all the mods that i have done to my car to yours. If you can read you can mod, very very simple. The god dam hardest thing i have ever done was that god dam clutch.. what bytch. but it was really learning how to drop it and put it back up. now since i have done it once i can do it again over and over in 8 hrs. but anyway, you know your not bring it to me. so just get on the web sites like jeff's and just read line by line.. remember 1 hint.. everything takes atleast 4hrs to do... even something simple. AND HAVE FUN...

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jays93VR4 said:
if you bring it to kansas city i will help you do all the mods that i have done to my car to yours. If you can read you can mod, very very simple. The god dam hardest thing i have ever done was that god dam clutch.. what bytch. but it was really learning how to drop it and put it back up. now since i have done it once i can do it again over and over in 8 hrs. but anyway, you know your not bring it to me. so just get on the web sites like jeff's and just read line by line.. remember 1 hint.. everything takes atleast 4hrs to do... even something simple. AND HAVE FUN...
I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I want someone there with me that has done it before because I have never done anything more than change the freakin oil in a vehicle. I never was interested in performance cars until about 6 months ago. I've had a "base" 3000GT for around 2 years, but didn't care about modding anything on it.

My biggest problem is "tools" and "workspace". I live in an apartment with no garages. I have "0" tools! Well, I have some tools but not enough to tackle big tasks. And I don't have the money to go out and just buy a tool selection and rent a place to store all of them.

So, my best bet is to find someone locally that has the tools and knowledge to help me and me pay them for their time. I'd be more than happy to do it myself and have them tell me what to do. This may sound like a cop out to you, but not to me. For one reason, I'm dyslexic and I hate reading "detailed" stuff!:( If any dyslexic is on this board then he/she can converge with me on this. Although, I did graduate college with a "3.98 GPA"!!:p :D

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Cincinatti - Isn't to far from Dan from the former 3sxperts shop. He is really good with these car...and is always taking his apart and putting it back together. He is to busy to do it for free but he would probably charge less than any shop you would go to. Somethings us people in Kentucky can do hehe....just depends on what you are wanting done. I have a 2 car garage and a backyard with concrete...I can get a hold of 4 jackstands and I'll try anything once with cars.

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool!;) thanks for the help guys! It prolly won't be til after Christmas til I get started. But, nonetheless, I will! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts