Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 94 stealth in Aurora at Len lyall Chevy....wanting to see if anyone lived near the area and had time to help out a fellow memeber. Just wanting someone that can tell me if the car is worth flying in to check out or not. My brother is a mechanic in greely and has been quite busy to check it out in person. Just tossing it out there. Not expecting much....just figured I would ask. Thanks Colorado chapter. Would not be against $ for your time either.

·
*Insert Evil Laughter*
3,141 Posts
Thats actually pretty close to me. If I could find the time (I'm down a car ATM see my other post in this section) what exactly would you like me to check out on it.. just a looksy over pics.. or do you have certain things in mind you want me to check.. I doubt they would let me pull the plenum to do a compression check etc.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was thinking of just a look over of the vehicle condition. It looks clean in pics, but if you know what you are doing with a camera you can make anything look good. I wouldn't expect them to allow you to do a compression test, would be nice, but highly unlikely. The car is green in color, 94 , rt/tt with 45500 miles . They have a log of what was and wasn't looked at in their shop but a few things I'm specifically looking for would be;no rust-underbody etc.,interior- at least be clean with all gadgets in working order, just don't want to waste time and money flying out if the vehicle is not worth it. I'm not looking for a project, just a good running dd. Looks like its unmolested(no mods from the pics). I would work something out to have my brothers shop do the mechanical over looking of stuff under the hood(engine) and body(transfercase,transmission,etc) when i flew in for test drive etc. My dad is actually flying in Friday to visit my brother so he is able to take a look at it then. My dad in no way is a mechanic...but will be able to compare it to my 3000gt I had which was mint before it was totaled. I understand you being down a set of wheels so don't feel obligated to take time awayr from family or work to do this. I wouldn't expect a quick look to take longer the 30 minutes. A quick start of the engine...make sure all gauges,temp and oil come up to normal operating temps, no weird engine sounds , quick glance at under body for rust if possible,look at interior for bad spots etc...test drive if you feel up for it......done. if you have the time great, if not that's fine. I appreciate your help regardless.

·
*Insert Evil Laughter*
3,141 Posts
I'll try to make it happen.. or better yet when your dad comes friday (if I understood that correctly) I could go with him. I'm well versed in these cars.. I'm not IPO Matt or trevor... but other than that I can probably hold my own with most other senior members. (even so you can't spot everything in a sales yard) If it really has that few of miles on it, I can see why you are excited to have a look.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try to make it happen.. or better yet when your dad comes friday (if I understood that correctly) I could go with him. I'm well versed in these cars.. I'm not IPO Matt or trevor... but other than that I can probably hold my own with most other senior members. (even so you can't spot everything in a sales yard) If it really has that few of miles on it, I can see why you are excited to have a look.
yes my dad should be arriving somewhere around lunch friday. If you wanted to take a ride it would be a huge help having someone there in person that knows what they are dealing with. I am personally not well versed in these cars and cant hurt to have someone on my side. I know the usual stuff to look/check for like dented oil pan/low oil pressure gauge, 60k service, tcase leaks etc....just the no brainer stuff. As far as service they performed, from what i am told all fluids changed and a safety check was perforemed(the usual bs they do on every trade in) but as far as 60k service it hasnt been done. It will need to be done being so old. I totally understand what you are saying about not being able to spot everything in a sales yard, thats why i was trying to get my brother to check it out and would prefer to have someone there with knowledge of the platform like yourself. So if you could that would be a huge help. I can get information on his arrival time etc if you would like and see what his plans are for friday or saturday depending on everyones schedules. I thank you for your help. Much appreciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts