Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He has basically BPU with 15gs and 550cc no nitrous and he is doing low 11s with clutch problems at sea level in Long Island. Thats some crazy shit comparing those numbers to some of the ones others like Trevor (in my estimation a very good driver for comparison) has done with those turbos. If Ray reads this, can you elaborate on your mods besides the ones in your signature? Are you running stock valves and heads with just a light port/polish? What boost do you run (I am assuming he is going with race gas) and what tires and suspension set-up do you run with? With the right clutch, he should be doing high 10s with basically not a hell of alot. The forged pistons do not add much in the way of power-just safety. This is right up there with what X-wing -(Jack T) was doing and nobody has been able to duplicate, and Rays doing it on really small injectors and seemingly not alot of fuel upgrades. He even has some upgraded tranny parts done custom for himself.

Just giving props for a guy we do not see/hear about too much.

Sam

·
The Reality Of Tomorrow
213 Posts
It is possible... we have Supras on stock twins running 120+mph traps and doing mid/high 11s - a couple even into the lower 11s on stock turbos without nitrous, as well as our stock fuel system (550cc's)

Sometimes I really wonder why 3/Ss take the routes they do in terms of modifications... if I had the motivation/time to do so, I could make an 11 second 3/s for relatively little money, especially now with the AEM. I don't claim to be any tuning god by any means, but it is possible...

-m

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are my thoughts exactly. Why go to a huge pair of turbos with all the fuel mods and custom stuff when you can get 130mph traps with just a few typical bolt on mods unless you are looking to break records.

Sam

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
He's running some good times...unfortunitely he's had alot of driveline problems like 18 splines breaking, x-fer cases exploding, and it looks like clutches lately.
http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1013658

He's running 29 psi peak (5500) with it falling to 25psi by redline on 660cc injectors.
http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=531443
I wonder how well his heads are done up. I'm certain there's a few mods missing out of his sig. Think he's doing that on a stock fuel pump? Think again. I've read that he has his exhaust cam retared a few degrees also. I don't know how he or Xwing kept the engine together while running that much boost with that small of a turbo. If anyone doesn't know 15G's efficiency island falls off at about 12.7psi...anything above that and the charge air temps get hotter and hotter. I guarantee my EGT's would be at 2000+F if I tried it. I guess I'm just not willing to push it that hard...I need to be able to drive home at the end of the night.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
If you can run low 12s on stockers (I'm shooting for 11.99) and 11.80s with one 13g, I would certainly hope that a pair of 15g's were capable of reaching low 11s.

Like Trevor said, it wouldn't be my car at 29 psi. I don't think it requires such stratospheric boost levels to run good times. 15g's on race gas with a peak of 18-20 psi should do 11.0

I will never know because I'm going straight from stockers to DR 650's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts