Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It supposedly has a built in boost gauge. Is it any good?

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
It is very accurate if installedd correctly. It was exactly the same as a standard gauge as measured when I had mine installed by Altered Atmosphere. The good thing about the Blitz Dual is that it also has a peak hold, so you don't have to be looking all the time to see what your max boost was.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I have the DSBC and Dual Timer. The DT is the only turbo timer that calculates the time based on the load (high of boost during time) you runned the car at. Use the needed harness and installation is a breeze !

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold! Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Hey Diablo, Where are you going to purchase your Blitz Dual Turbo timer? $? Maybe we could get a special on them if we get others to get one, Just an idea. I've been meaning to purchase one but just haven't yet. I'd go in on one too.
Andy
93 VR4

Let me know.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apexvr4.com seemed pretty reasonable $118. Harness appears to cost $13.99 I may also get the SB Motorsports intake. If you think we can get a deal, or know somewhere cheaper, I'm in!

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I just sent a e-mail to Indra at MAXREV.com. I figure lets give him a try since some of us received a great deal on the APEXi AVC-R from him before. I'll post after I get a reply.

Andy
[email protected]

·
Registered
653 Posts
Diablo (seems funny calling you that since I know your secret identity heheh),

Anyway, the SB Motorsports intake is the one I have on my car. As you may recall, I had to do quite a bit of machining with Mr. Dremel to get it to fit right. If I had to do it all again, I'd spend the extra $$$ on a K&N FIPK. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I must agree with Mike. The intake is not worth the money but do not get the FIPK as the DSM aircharger works very well and is a lot cheaper. Indra has them as well.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very good advice, guys! I thought the FIPK was a bit pricy, and I really don't need CARB cert (I'll just swap it when I get smogged in 2 year). I will pass on the SBI then. Mike you're right abut the "Secret identity", people are starting to look at me funny when I go into a phone booth to change into my bright red cape with the "D" on it, before I surf the net, or wash or drive my car! LOL! I'm hoping I can develop a mystique the way KISS did 20 yrs ago before the makeup came off!
But seriously...
I'm in on the Blitz turbo timer purchase, is this a standard price, or is that with a group disc.?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Man, I'm STILL laughing my ass off at that one!

If you REALLY want to elevate the Diablo persona to superhero status you'd better start looking for a sidekick. We all know that every superhero needs a trusty sidekick. Maybe you could find some nutcase with a supercharged red Neon to embrace the "Li'l Devil" persona. lol

Seriously, won't the turbo timer render your factory alarm useless? I know you've spent some time trying to get your remote door locks to work with the factory alarm but I'm pretty sure no one has figured out how to get the alarm to work with a turbo timer.

[This message has been edited by Mike91TT (edited December 15, 1999).]

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ha! I'll keep my eyes open for a potential sidekick!
I didn't give any thought to the alarm. As I understand it, the alarm simply is a loop from the door switches to a horn/light flasher / relay. Having the ignition running (i.e. a turbo timer) shouldn't affect a simple alarm as this would it? Perhaps if there was a starter interrupt feature, it would be problematic. Any ideas? Almost looks like eventually, no matter what I do, the alarm has to go. Are you turbo timer guys still running your alarms ok?

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
That's a good question. I want to purchase a turbo timer but I never thought how it would affect the factory alarm.

Can somebody help us out on that one?

Steve

·
Registered
653 Posts
I don't know the answer, but I have read past threads where it the whole turbo timer/factory alarm interaction was discussed. I think since the turbo timer keeps the ignition on even after you lock the door the factory alarm never sets itself. You guys may want to start a new thread on the topic so it gets noticed by someone who has direct experience.

Mike

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Hey guys I know there was a thread awhile ago about problems with an alarm and the turbo timers. Your best bet is to take a look through the archives to find it or post a new topic one it. That price was given to be by Indra and he quoted that it was a very good deal and that it was for me since I was a perferred customer. But he said if I wanted to share that price with the other 2 or 3 people that I had told him that were also interested he give them that price too.
From what he e-mailed me he's not making much on them.

Andy
PS Since I'm still being held up on my Group purchase on the Donnelly Mirrors, I'm in no rush to jump in and do that again, but
e-mail me if your interested in purchasing one. I'll get the number of people and names and let Indra know.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I may be able to shed some light here
I have a 96 with the factory alarm, and put the timer in and NO problem. the only thing is you have to lock the doors manually after the timer kicks in...that's all, folks!

p.s. I know that Jeepers does the same thing, so I am not the only one...what I do know is that if you have a clifford or viper...it will not work cuz LordDVD's car has the greddy timer and the clifford alarm and the doors will not lock with the timer on...so that's the drawback...hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Manually? Meaning what specifically? I have keyless entry, will popping the button on the remote do it? Also, Fastboy, do you mean after the timer kicks in or shuts off? If its the latter, that is a pain if its the former, then no big deal, probably only adds a couple of seconds to your exit. Thanks for the info so far guys!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts