Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On or off your car. Really interested in getting them as a 2nd set of 18s. My chromies and these silver wheels.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Tubulares

trakker said:
Not my car but I hope this helps.
Oh yeah, there are several pics of this car with the Tubolares. You have the rest? Thanks.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Yeah I have pics, uploading them right now...

Look, for $89 each, you just gotta buy them. Heck, as a "junker" set at the worst case.

Although I took them around to all my friends/family today and everyone really liked them.

turns out, wheels and tires combined, they are each 8 pounds heavier than my stock wheels, but my stock wheels were totally bald so you gotta figure there is 1 pound of extra rubber on the new tires.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Here they are... man they look SO HUGE:

FYI, they are the 18x9's, with new 245/40/18 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's attached.

Total cost with shipping:
Wheels and install kit (lug nuts/retainer rings) $466 (ordered on a Monday, got them on a Friday)...
Tires: $533.
Mounting/Balancing: $24
Grand Total: $1023... remember that's BRAND NEW wheels AND tires!

A neat note is that this does come with METAL valve stems... with metal caps. A nice touch.

Just for fun I did a VERY quick photochop to show my wife what the car will look like when I get my Intrax and lower it a bit.

A night shot, just for the heck of it. Camera doesn't do them justice, in low light they look EXCELLENT.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
JeremyG said:
Here they are... man they look SO HUGE:

FYI, they are the 18x9's, with new 245/40/18 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's attached.

Total cost with shipping:
Wheels and install kit (lug nuts/retainer rings) $466 (ordered on a Monday, got them on a Friday)...
Tires: $533.
Mounting/Balancing: $24
Grand Total: $1023... remember that's BRAND NEW wheels AND tires!

A neat note is that this does come with METAL valve stems... with metal caps. A nice touch.

A night shot, just for the heck of it. Camera doesn't do them justice, in low light they look EXCELLENT.

wow, where did ya get that deal from?????????? Let me know!

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JeremyG said:
Yeah I have pics, uploading them right now...

Look, for $89 each, you just gotta buy them. Heck, as a "junker" set at the worst case.

Although I took them around to all my friends/family today and everyone really liked them.

turns out, wheels and tires combined, they are each 8 pounds heavier than my stock wheels, but my stock wheels were totally bald so you gotta figure there is 1 pound of extra rubber on the new tires.
Shit my Anteras are heavy as hell, I don't care. The Tubolares were originally around $375 each, not exactly junkers. That style has been around for years, but it's a good thing nobody has them. They're nice, I want to switch them out every once in a while just to make my car look different from time to time. Like taking my nose mask off every once in a while for a different look.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Wheels straight from OZ (www.ozwheels.com), go to the non-flash version and click on the "save big" or similar banner. Or just call them.

Tires from Tire Rack, I save shipping since I am only 1/2 hour drive from there.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
chunsangp said:

wow, where did ya get that deal from?????????? Let me know!
What deal? The wheels are going for $89 each for 18x9 or $69 each for 17x9 on www.ozwheels.com .

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah, Jeremy I paid $3200 for my wheels and tires, so that's cheap. If I get these wheels in 18x9, I'm putting 265/35-18 tires, just like I have right now. Got any closer pics of your tires on these wheels?

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Yeah I was going to go 265 width also but they were $30 per tire more and my wife nixed that. LOL

I dont have any closer pics but will take some on Monday.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JeremyG said:
Yeah I was going to go 265 width also but they were $30 per tire more and my wife nixed that. LOL

I dont have any closer pics but will take some on Monday.
Yep, $30 adds up to $120 instantly.:) Yeah, I had 265/35 on my 18x9 wheels I had previously. After some thought, I took a chance and put the same size tires on my 18.8.5 wheels that I currently have. They look exactly the same as they did on the niners. So, I'm sticking with that size cause they look perfect, a little over flush, but at least my rim isn't exposed.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
You can go to the flash site too. It next to the car picture near the bottom middle right. Says "Take advantage of great savings"

I posted this why dont people pay attention grrrr

-Jeff

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Grimm, as promised here's the closer-up pictures...

I think you may have been worried about the rim sticking out farther than the tire... I can say that Kumhos have that neat ridge and the ridge is exactly even with the edge of the tire. But I don't think that would protect the rim from curbage.

The back side seems to stick out farther than the tire, though. I can take pics from the side if you want?

Either way here's the straight on:

DRIVER'S SIDE (with the wheel cover and the "tubes" on)

Passenger's side... they shorted me 2 screws to lock the cover on, so I left them off of one side temporarily (they are mailing me 2 new screws, FYI).

I think I like them WITHOUT better... :)

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
yay!

someone used my yellow car! :D

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
I have these wheels.

Thats too bad that they dont have the chrome sleeves for the spokes anymore . . they do look better with them.

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JeremyG said:

The back side seems to stick out farther than the tire, though. I can take pics from the side if you want?
Yes please.

·
i am joe dirt
1,875 Posts
hey grimm geuss what im getting for christmas :D god i love my mom she asked me what i wanted i said only some rims thats all i want! hehehehehe now i get to pay for evreything else oh what fun

·
Dope-stoopid yo!
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sprung_monkey said:
hey grimm geuss what im getting for christmas :D god i love my mom she asked me what i wanted i said only some rims thats all i want! hehehehehe now i get to pay for evreything else oh what fun
So are you getting the Tubolares? If she gave you a limit of say, $2000, I'd get something else. But these are decent wheels at a VERY decent price. Take them while you can.

·
i am joe dirt
1,875 Posts
well damnit grimm i want these now just so you stop fucking singing lol no she didnt give me a set price but these are cheap and i like them

1 - 20 of 32 Posts