Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here changed their taillights to something other than 3000GT tail lights? I plan on buying a VR-4 soon and changing it around a bit...new gorund effects, engine mod etc. I kind of wanted rounded tail lights...kinda like a Corvette or Ferrari. If you have changed them and have pictures please post...I would be very grateful.

Thanks

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
haha.. righhttttt..... nobody has done anything like that.. you can buy vynl covers that'll make your lights have circles.. but nothing really as far as actually changing them.. that'd be there some custom work ;)

·
Dirty American Devil
420 Posts
Likuid,

I've thought of doing some lights similar to what you've described, similar to the ones in this picture (from a Miata).

With enough time and money, anything's possible!

Ian

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Do NOT buy vinal covers. They are shit! I bought some from IceMan, and the head lights were just impossible. And then I got one of the rear ones on. Still had a few bubbles or whatever, but it was all good. I drove down the road a little later and the damn thing peeled half way off and twisted around. This is not a very good way to manage your money or time. COMPLETE waste in my opinion.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stigmata...exactly...soemthing like that. I think that would look sweet on the back of a 3000gt. I wish there was a company that made custom lights for 3000gts. even maybe keeping the same light structure but having rounded bubble pasts on them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i hope you don't mean like the cougars

the headlights are similar enough to the 99's

·
3/S Addict
1,561 Posts
esc - I sent you the same ones I used on my car. VINYL means its a sticker and I said they were vinyl covers. (he complained about them being stickers) Too bad you had trouble putting them on, it does take some pateince. Your lack of it is not my fault though. There are a few bubbles that go away with a week or so. They look good on my car and I get tons of compliments from them.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
I think I'll begin looking for someone who can make real blackouts. Hell, I can buy a few sheets of vynal and cut holes in them. Be cheaper than $25 too.

Anyone know of a place that can make blackouts out of our original tail lights?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts