Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just started to collect WW1 and WW2 rifles. Currently I have a 1944 Mosin Nagant Carbine, 1940 Lee Enfield (Australian model), and a M1 Garand Springfield, all are original, matching numbers, etc. I am now trying to find a Gewehr 98, which supposedly is very difficult. What do you guys have?

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Got a M1D Garand (Winchester), never been fired after arsenal rebuild (all factory packaging).

M1 Carbine- All Quality Hardware never went through arsenal rebuild

A Neidner Springfield 1903- double trigger

Springfield 1903 (been sporterized)

And a Navy Mauser

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a M1D Garand (Winchester), never been fired after arsenal rebuild (all factory packaging).

M1 Carbine- All Quality Hardware never went through arsenal rebuild

A Neidner Springfield 1903- double trigger

Springfield 1903 (been sporterized)

And a Navy Mauser
If you ever plan to sell... hahaha Have you ever come across a Gewehr 98?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mosin-Nagant 1942 ex-sniper, Mosin-Nagant 1944 91/30, AMD 65 with a Dragunov stock are my Patriotic War rifles. Yes, I have ammo by the case for these.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Man nice collection so far! I just got my SKS and 1944 mosin so far, would love a Mauser or a garand, all so expensive though...

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
If we are allowed to post pics (not sure how the rules are about guns around here) you guys should post some!

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
You can post pictures if you want. We don't care about talking/showing off guns, just don't try to sell them (publicly).

I'll have to find my pictures in photobucket.

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
Neidner Springfield 1903

M1D Garand (top) M1 Carbine (bottom)

Don't have a picture of the Mauser uploaded right now.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
The M1 Garand looks amazing!! I am incredibly jealous!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Neidner Springfield 1903

M1D Garand (top) M1 Carbine (bottom)

Don't have a picture of the Mauser uploaded right now.
Know anything about mausers? I could use some help identifying if a Nazi Germany Mauser M98 is real or not. I would like to buy it but some things concern me such as the sling harware (on the buttstock) and there is no rifle number by the Nazi eagle on the receiver.

Also, I will try to get some pictures of my rifles. I only have the Mosin Nagant here, the others are in a fire-resistant gun safe at my father in laws.

·
Super Moderator
9,111 Posts
I know nothing about the mausers, it was given to me by dad (he picked it up while he was out "junkin" lol).

I'm sure there are mauser forums. But when it comes to gun, if you have ANY concerns or price is too good to be true, don't walk but run away fast. Talk to the seller about the concerns. Nobody wants to deal with a return of a firearms because "it's not as described" trust me, been there and done that as a buyer.

·
Verified Seller
1,582 Posts
I'm a knife person. I've bought many sharpeners, hand sharpeners, professional sharpeners. I like my knives razor hair splitting sharp.

·
control=not fast enough
336 Posts
Know anything about mausers? I could use some help identifying if a Nazi Germany Mauser M98 is real or not. I would like to buy it but some things concern me such as the sling harware (on the buttstock) and there is no rifle number by the Nazi eagle on the receiver.

Also, I will try to get some pictures of my rifles. I only have the Mosin Nagant here, the others are in a fire-resistant gun safe at my father in laws.
looks like a K98 that was "converted to a M98", basically same gun just "rebuilt" and most german markings removed. Hard to tell accurately as the pictures aren't too clear after zooming in.

Are there any markings on the top of the receiver area?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I finally got around to taking pictures of the rifles I own!

Here is the Mosin Nagant Carbine, 100% original all matching numbers:

Nazi Mauser Russian Capture (I will get better pictures later):

1 - 18 of 18 Posts