Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Always needing parts...
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tuners around the Columbus area or a little farther out? I have my Chrome ECU, Tactrix OpenPort 2.0, MAFT Pro speed density setup (still to be installed) and I'm looking to get some help with getting a good tune set up.

I drive the car as my summer DD to and from work. It has 9bs and stock block and heads as far as I know. I just want to get the most power out of it for what it has until I finish building my spare block with forged internals and get my 19Ts to slap on it.

·
DR650R-Powered; IPS-Built
495 Posts
There was a guy names Eric that worked at IPS. He then worked at Covert Tuning Dynamics, but i think they just went out of business.

Jeff at IPS may have his number. That is the only person in the area i know of.

·
Always needing parts...
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have experience with Chrome and a MAFT, but not speed density. I'm in the Dayton area...
I'll have to meet up with ya some time, you have some other stuff I wanted to buy still anyway haha.

You don't need the speed density set up, why complicate it? I wasn't aware chrome could control SD setups.
Chrome can't "control" it necessarily, from what I am told, you just set the MAFT Pro for stock injector size and leave it there. I may also just set up my MAFT Pro with a GM MAF if I don't get the results that I want fairly easily.

·
My car is a money pit
2,765 Posts
I'm not sure Chrome would help you at all in SD to be honest. You can set injector size to stock (360) with your MAF-T and control everything else through chrome, but chrome isn't SD capable yet.

·
Always needing parts...
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure Chrome would help you at all in SD to be honest. You can set injector size to stock (360) with your MAF-T and control everything else through chrome, but chrome isn't SD capable yet.
Yeah I'm still debating on trading in the MAFT Pro for a MAFT and GM MAF right now. I'd really like to run the speed density set up but I'm kinda stuck in a weird position right now with it and I don't want to hook it up yet just to have to unplug it if it doesn't perform as I need it to.

·
Always needing parts...
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Bump - I gave up on the SD idea, too much hassle.

I am running MAFT and 3in GM MAF in blow thru now. My mod list has grown a bit since I originally posted this but I still need some help tuning and it would be nice to have someone who knows the Chrome ECU a bit. I am going to toss some bigger injectors in soon but I want to have a decent tune set up for it first. I also haven't finished hooking up the last 2 wires for the ECU that goes to the OBD port because I'm colorblind and pretty sure I'll mess it up lol...

Anyone able to meet up and help me out? I don't mind paying for your time!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Crucial Performance Eric opened his own tuning shop
Address
8200 Business Way, Ste B, Plain City, Ohio 43064
Hours
Mon-Fri:
10:00 am-6:00 pm
Short Description
Custom Dyno Tuning, Automotive Performance Parts and Installation
Parking
Parking Lot
Phone
+1 614-504-6638
Email
[email protected]

·
TIRED OF WAITING
749 Posts
Crucial Performance Eric opened his own tuning shop
Address
8200 Business Way, Ste B, Plain City, Ohio 43064
Hours
Mon-Fri:
10:00 am-6:00 pm
Short Description
Custom Dyno Tuning, Automotive Performance Parts and Installation
Parking
Parking Lot
Phone
+1 614-504-6638
Email
[email protected]
is that one of the Erics from from IPS?

·
Always needing parts...
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just bumping this up to see if anyone local wants to give me a hand with setting up my fuel mapping stuff in the next couple weeks. I got 680cc injectors, a Walbro 255 pump and 15G turbos that are going in soon and I don't want to rely on my MAFT to control my AFR stuff.

The car is my daily (I know, mistake) and so I can't have too much down time so I was hoping to get this thing put together and tuned in a weekend. I have access to a shop in St Paris, OH with any tools I could possibly need a well.

·
Registered
442 Posts
yes that was one of there erics from IPS back in the day. He was also at Covert Tuning as well, but never a member here.

Id trust him to tune anything

·
TIRED OF WAITING
749 Posts
He is supposed to tune mine when they get it running.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts