Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up was just wondering if anyone has damaged their engines even worse detonated?? im thinking of gettin the zex kit 75 shot on a 92 sl....
\later:D

·
I'm HISPANIC dammit!
1,783 Posts
Only if you run too much...

A 75 shot is very safe, up to 100. You'll have no problem.

·
Registered
856 Posts
mikey3000gt said:
whats up was just wondering if anyone has damaged their engines even worse detonated?? im thinking of gettin the zex kit 75 shot on a 92 sl....
\later:D
I'm soon to be running a 50-75 wet, so I'll let u know. But from what I can figure out, u can run 50 w/o any problems at all, and you can even run a 75, but I've had a few people tell me that I might want to upgrade the fuel pump. For < $200 thats a great peace of mind.

.jon

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
I was running a ZEX 50 or 75, and it basically blew up my former eclipse gs-t... I think it created an oil leak or somethign somewhere or cracked head gasket or somethign... not sure, but that's my expirence.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
cause you are not suppose to run a dry kit with a turbo car...the dry kit depends on your injectors to add fuel/also your turbos rely on the injectors to add fuel....That is why you go with a wet kit or a direct port both systems do not depend on the injectors....you ran lean and you blew your motor up...it is people like you that give NOS a bad name...next time do a little more research.... AgtBlank you also sound to me like you dont know what the hell youre talking about...1.you dont know what shot youre running...2.you still dont know what happen to your car:confused: ...post your ignorance elsewhere...thanks

·
4,613 Posts
wow bigkash hardcore :D

how hard is it to drill and tap the plenium for direct port? I was thinking about a 50 direct port shot when I got my car all finished.. maybe not though :D I am afraid of toasting the stage 3 clutch!

also tell me how you like the new cams.. I went with gtpro cams becuase crower said shims werent necesary with their cams meaning they dont take very much at all off.. which made me question any big hp difference... I am expecting 30 hp with these cams and they were only around $750 with shims.. for $350 more I felt it was worth it for the 20-25 hp increase...

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Brainfood...I have gtpros spec. I e-mailed those to crower and someone shipped me some used cams that I will be sending that way i dont have any downtime.I'm wating for crower responce to the spec i sent...

Duration: @ .50 intake (220) Exhaust (212) LIFT: Intake (438) exhaust (404)

dr spec have to sets of spec thats 212/212 and the 220/220 @400

the email: from Brian Crower

"Regrind runs $98 per cam x 4. Specs are not a problem. Takes about 1 week in the shop."

Thanks for your interest in Crower,

Crower Cams & Equipment Co Inc
3333 Main Street
Chula Vista CA 91911-5899 USA
Phone: 619-422-1191
Fax: 619-422-9067
http://www.crower.com

R

·
0 Posts
The size of the shot is not really that important (unless you are talking huge shots of 150-300hp hehe)

It is more important that the tuning is done and done correctly. It's not the size of the shot, rather the detonation that will occur from lack of tuning...BOOM. Even a 100 shot will melt your motor if not properly tuned. Nitro runs MUCH hotter than stock gas setup...be careful and tune!!

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
A) I bought the car like that... Big Mistake
B) The car was starting to pour smoke out of the tail pipe like a bad turbo seal
C) The car was running RICH
D) The car was stolen before I could get a definate answer what was wrong with it.

He asked for people's expirence, so i gave mine... there's no need to call me names!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts