1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Money pit owner.
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Verified ***** Member
388 Posts
Back when I drove it in the winter I sure did! I felt it allowed me to get a feel for the way the car slides one snow and ice, in a relatively controlled environment. And it came in handy more than once. =)

·
4G63 swap initiated
7,360 Posts
Nobody has ever taken their rwd biased awd tt car on a snow lot. Ever!!!

·
Money pit owner.
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
then I will be the first to record a video drifting a stealth in the snow! lol

I figure it will be less shock to the drive train than doing launches on dry pavement. :)

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
meeeeee little earlier tonight. Very enjoyable. These cars do well in the snow even with wide summer tires mine is still manageable enough to drive through a blizzard, alot more then I thought honestly. Wish I would have known that before I spent the money on getting my stock wheels cleaned up. Oh well - nice to have a full set of spares i guess.

·
Money pit owner.
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Took my VR4 Spyder years ago. Does awesome spin-in-place donuts when the the speedo hits over 50. But sadly, I found it also burns up the viscous coupling.

·
Money pit owner.
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
737 Posts
I went out yesterday and found a decent parking lot. No vids as it was nothing too crazy but was still fun. Need to find a bigger parking lot.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

·
Money pit owner.
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tend to do major work over the winter so my car is up on jack stands, maybe this year will be different. :)

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
Man I'll be honest, I daily drove my VR4 last winter and I had a blast. I'm going to do undercoating on my car next month and I fully intend to DD it again this winter. I had a lot of fun driving it. It stuck to the ground REALLY well even with the snow and if I wanted to have fun, I could pretty easily. That and the turbos seemed to love the cold weather.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Man I'll be honest, I daily drove my VR4 last winter and I had a blast. I'm going to do undercoating on my car next month and I fully intend to DD it again this winter. I had a lot of fun driving it. It stuck to the ground REALLY well even with the snow and if I wanted to have fun, I could pretty easily. That and the turbos seemed to love the cold weather.
this is truth. i never had another car that felt more stable on snow, even at 50+ mph. ive had the pleasure of unstucking a police car from a snow bank, as well as more than a few friends over the years.

i underdipped the car, 6 years ago. i just take it to the self serve wash and pressure wash the bottom three or four times a year and the undercoating has held up well. maybe ill give her a new coat this year, but as you can see in my video, she loves the snow

·
Always needing parts...
2,811 Posts
this is truth. i never had another car that felt more stable on snow, even at 50+ mph. ive had the pleasure of unstucking a police car from a snow bank, as well as more than a few friends over the years.

i underdipped the car, 6 years ago. i just take it to the self serve wash and pressure wash the bottom three or four times a year and the undercoating has held up well. maybe ill give her a new coat this year, but as you can see in my video, she loves the snow
Yeah I agree, I've driven a lot of vehicles in the snow over the years and I think my VR4 holds up better than any. I had a 95 3000GT NA that had issues in snow lol.

I have a set of wheels/tires I plan to run for winter and a summer set - so I am ready. I was driving and not getting stuck in places I would see most other cars getting stuck. I just don't want to deal with rust, so doing my under coating before this winter has to happen for sure.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I'm with ya - I love these cars in the snow - Even on Summer tires they do very well...

I really want to throw a set of snow tires on one and just see how awesome it becomes.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I did a lot with my old dd VR-4. It was a monster in the snow with blizzacks. People would always look and me like I was crazy, probably assuming it was RWD. Then I would just take off with no issues. My '99 doesn't know what snow is and rarely sees rain haha.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts