Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
This is sorta a long story. Anyway about four months ago I auctioned on ebay two 3000GT VR-4 tires. They were Bridgestone and had some tread left. They ened up selling for like $80. The buyer sent me an e-mail telling me he needed them ASAP and was wondering if I could ship them the same time he sent payment. Me being the trusting guy I am, I said sure.

But anyway he sent me an e-mail saying the tires looked great but I never recieved payment. I sent him some more e-mails but no response. I sent a letter to his house but no response. So I have basically been taken. My own fault I know.

But here is the deal. Since they sold on ebay it was a contract and i'm entitled to payment or to get the tires back. Well I live in TN so TX is too far, but if anyone wants to visit this guy i'd give you permission to take the tires back for yourself or COLLECT THE $80 AND KEEP IT FOR YOURSELF (of course if you wanted to give me a cut I would not stop you, ha). At least this slimebag would not get them and someone else would get free tires. This guy lives in Plano, TX. I was going to visit family this year in TX and pay him a visit, but plans have changed and they are coming up here.

If interested then e-mail me at: [email protected] and i'll provide the address of this guy and give you my cell number. I am a member of some legal co-op program but they said it would cost $100 for them to start anything. I thought i'd float this idea first and see if I get any response. If not i'll just go ahead and start that process. I know it would cost me $100 but it is the principle of the thing, ha! I want to teach these slime bags a lesson and you should too!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Well can't say I can help seeing that I'm in VA, but goodluck nonetheless. I myself was just jipped out $300 from a 3si member back in June. Hope you have more luck than I did/do!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Sorry to hear that...if i was heading home i'd be happy to help. I would of broght a camrea along so you could see the look on his face as i showed him your letter and had a police escourt. :) dang...to bad this didnt happen in october. go get you stuff and scare the crap out of that cheat.

·
Oh no, not again.
341 Posts
I might be able to head up there...not sure though. You'd probably get some takers if you posted in the Southwest forum. I know the Dallas people have some gatherings organized, so maybe a parade of 3000GTs and Stealths can appear at the guys door.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey,
Your probably right. I did not think about posting this in the Southwest forum. I'll try it, thanks. But I have an update!!!

A friend of mine has a buddy in law school who said he would take the case to small claims court just because he wants to get some experience in front of a judge. He said he would do it for free so I said sounds good. He said it was pretty close to a sure win since the transaction was done on ebay so the buyer broke the contract. I take it the buyer would have to come up to Knoxville if that is where the case would be filed, I don't know yet. I have to go over the details. But this guy, Mark, said that we could get the buyer to pick up the court costs as well so I'm thinking, this sounds good.

He won't be able to get started on it till the begining of the year because he is backed up but it's a start. So if anyone still wants to take me up on my offer, feel free. By the way, here is this guys address. I have tried to find the guys phone number but no luck. f anyone could find it for me it would help. E-bay is really worthless on tracking these guys down. But here is the guy:

Keith R. Willington
2300 Kathryn Ln #2925
Plano, TX 75025

Thats it, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
206 Posts
TIRES

I think I can go and get them or help you get the phone number. If you can call him and tell him I'm going for the tires or the money then I'll go or if we can get something legal like the Plano Police involved where they go with me to pickup the tires or something like that.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
It's probably not his house, maybe his parents house or something. I can go up there next Friday or Sat, my parents live in Plano and that isn't very far at all from them. I have to go up there anyway to the Mitsu dealer to pick up a part. Send that jerk an email and tell him to expect someone.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Oh... if you do email this guy back... tell him I work for a branch office of Ebay or something, their collection department. Cuz I'll probably lie or say some bullshit like that to get him to cough up the tires or money. :D

·
Registered
552 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts