Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Is that a vent top center? i love the way this looks i'd buy one, maybe raise the center and vent out the cowl would look better IMO

·
Go Mountaineers!
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is that a vent top center? i love the way this looks i'd buy one, maybe raise the center and vent out the cowl would look better IMO
Yes, it's a vent sort of like GTPRO's viper hood has (look at trever's 96 TT). I like it the way it is, don't add or change anything, that's what makes it great. Doesn't need a cowl as they don't work correctly on our cars, the vent at the back is much better for cooling. Ask Deft he can tell you all about this.

Edit: well I take that back, could make the top vent a little wider and maybe use a different style of scoop over the intake maybe like the VIS EVO hood has. I do love the scoop it currently has. Other than that it's perfect.

·
Registered
734 Posts
thats a 3SX 1-peice lip =)

·
Stuff and Junk and Things
878 Posts
i dont know about you but i wouldnt drive that in the rain. it looks like the filter sits right behind that hole. i wouldnt want water to get in my intake. even though they have water injection?

·
you wanna touge, eh!?
1,237 Posts
oh my gosh! the hood looks nice, i picture it better with a cowl look though. they should make the vent a few inches or so before the intake. then use some sort of funnel or whatever to curve down under the hood, that way in the rain, the rain will flow down before it reaches the intake. just my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts