Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mmmmm, Boooooost!
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently changed my antifreeze- full flush and fill, but couldn't find the rear cylender bank drain plug. Does anyone know where this is located or am I just dumb and don'k know what to look for?

Thanks
Damon

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
Hey Damon,

Lie on your back (like you're changing the oil filter) and look waaay up. It looks similiar to a bolt sticking part way in the block. I think it is a 12mm, but don't quote me. It's tough to get to; I couldn't get enough torque on it to break it free.

Hope this helps,

Steve

·
Mmmmm, Boooooost!
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the bolt accessible from the top? If not, would a universal joint with a 12mm (?) be enough to do the job?

Basically, everytime I make a hard stop now, I get the radiator fluid light coming on. The fluid in the reservior is perfect, right in between the hot and cold.

I'm worried about burning a hot spot in the heads or something. this is a problem with aluminum heads and I hope this doesn't happen to me if I don't fix the problem soon enough.

thanks for your help.
Damon

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are you seeing the light flashing on the lower right corner of the dashboard to tell you to fill the overflow container? If so, and you have filled it, then the window washer fluid is low. That light is triggered by engine coolant and both front and rear window washer tanks I believe. But I am sure the front washer and the engine coolant both signal the same indicator. So try checking your washer fluid, that probably all it is.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts