Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
BC3S
'95 RT/TT
829 Posts
I'm still fiddling with it. I just cant get it right. I might actually try using just the maft and making small changes with safc2. Im searching for a Chrome ecu or aem maybe also. Im about tired of messing with the safc/maft. Im doing the ray method where you set your base for injector size on the maft and nothing else, and then using the safc2 to do the rest. I did set my fuel pressure back to what it should be according to the manual, and also have an adjustable fpr with a 255 pump.
IMO this is the easiest and simplest way to do it.
what problem are you having? trims? tip in? WOT?

post up your settings and a log we can help

·
Lovbyts
4,207 Posts
so, you didnt have to scale the injector size at all? just went with the 550 setting and used the maft only but you have the safc2 to fine tune per rpm, correct? i know if i choose just the 550 maft setting with the combo, the car runs very very lean. I have my injector setting to almost 400cc (ray uses some sort of method like that so the fuel values are in the negative and there is room to add more) of course, im not Ray and suck at tuning
#1 you have to remember every injector flows a little different. 550s that are balanced do not necessarily really flow 550 per say. They may be 560+ or 540-. They are just matched to all flow the same if you had them matched/balanced.

Im actually running "560s and I set it to 560 per the manual. I still have my SAFC set to all Zeros and from what I can see and feel it runs better than every.

I had my original 550s set to negative for the first 2 setting originally on my SAFC when it was tuned but honestly it never felt right and always ran rough. My car runs smother now with just the MAFT and the Delphi MAF than it every has.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts