Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
661 - 679 of 679 Posts

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Why the switch? These ones dont look to have the same stability and retention as the last batch.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #664
Why the switch? These ones dont look to have the same stability and retention as the last batch.
on the contrary. the mounts are longer and reach out and touch the sides of the mounting brackets they fit into. this ensures the poly from walking out. It cannot go anywhere. I was having long wait times with my machine shop making the tubing for the snap rings and all. not the new poly presses into the mounts and are held in place by the brackets. I am also using Energy Suspension's HYPER-FLEX formula poly for them now. A better mount system imo. these mounts are very solid. :)

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
How does the Energy Suspension differ from your previous formula. Is it stiffer, or more flexible?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #666
How does the Energy Suspension differ from your previous formula. Is it stiffer, or more flexible?
As far as the exact formula I dont know.
the following is and excerpt from their website

What is HYPER-FLEX™? HYPER-FLEX™- OUR FAMOUS Performance POLYURETHANE!

HYPER-FLEX™ is Energy Suspension's unique and technically advanced chemical formulation performance polyurethane. HYPER-FLEX™ has been used on Energy's products that have been awarded 9 U.S. Patents.

Durability is superior to most rubber components that are used for cars, trucks and SUVs. Road salt, oil, and a host of other common under car contaminants will eventually destroy the rubber bushings on your vehicles, not to mention the weight and torque forces that typically compress most rubber permanently! HYPER-FLEX™ replacement polyurethane components stand up well to contaminants that often destroy rubber and have been engineered to give longer-lasting performance and not compress permanently.

I this helps answer your questions

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Those new mounts look fantastic! I just got emails from this thread saying it came back to life. Might actually get a set this time since I've got the money. More important things first though, I need tires lol

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Just got mine in the mail, VERY HIGH QUALITY. Id highly recommend them!

·
Registered
475 Posts
He Seattle,

I bought a set several years ago but haven't installed them yet. Can you upgrade them with the new polly? If so how much $$?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
He Seattle,

I bought a set several years ago but haven't installed them yet. Can you upgrade them with the new polly? If so how much $$?
Hi sorry I haven't gotten back with you. My new mounts have a different style of poly retention then my older sets. so retrofitting them would be a chore. If you're interested in a newer set, I'll give you a great deal since you're a previous customer. I have a set ready, Hyper-flex poly black with graphite impregnated into the poly. I will sell to you for $260 shipped. Let me know as I only have very limited sets available. Thanks

My paypal is [email protected] if you want them.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #673
I'm making another run of the New Hyper-Flex Polyurethane mounts. It will be a limited run. 10 sets in this batch. The price is still the same as was. $300 shipped (US) more if overseas. I'll quote you.

options are red or black poly. If you want a raw (unpowdercoated) set just let me know and I'll knock of $10 off the cost.

If you want in this run please add your name to the list below. Thanks

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
Thought about just offering front and rears? I might be interested if you do.

661 - 679 of 679 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.